Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm a big fan of the first Hellboy film, and I started collecting the trade paperbacks recently, so this one is pretty disappointing since the first look at him seemed promising. But, shock and awe, it looks like it's going to be another "too much humor because they're trying to defuse a serious situation" flick

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Why are they remaking this? The other two were great.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Guardians of the Galaxy opened the door for cheesy humour flicks... now everything has that crap all the time humour... Marvel managed to totally fuck Thor Ragnarock by trying to copy it and it seems all others are getting into it as well.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Guardians of the Galaxy opened the door for cheesy humour flicks... now everything has that crap all the time humour... Marvel managed to totally fuck Thor Ragnarock by trying to copy it and it seems all others are getting into it as well.
Spot on. The Guardians movies are perfect though, whereas a lot of these knockoffs just don't know when to knock it off and get on with the plot.

I'll watch this, but they should have kept Perlman, just like Thomas Jane should still be the Punisher.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually though Ragnarok was the best Thor, and one of the best MCU movies, since Thor is so stupidly powered as a demi-God that his stuff should be these smash and bash films with big armies and just him thinking of it as fun. Which is probably why I'm 100% on board with the new MIB since it's just alternate dimension Ragnarok :lol:

I'll watch this, but they should have kept Perlman, just like Thomas Jane should still be the Punisher.
Yeah, Perlman's voice really helped sell me on Hellboy and it's my reading voice for the comic; have you tried the Punisher series on Netflix? I'm not saying Bernthal is better or worse than Jane, but damn man, he is terrifying as Frank Castle.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Thor Ragnarok was far and away the best Thor movie.

Not that that is a high bar, mind you.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Thor movies have always been weak but me knowing the character for more than 35 years, I never expected him or his brother Loki to become Comedians. Hela is such a powerful character on the Comics and was reduced to a something lackluster that being there or not was basically the same. Maybe im too old School, but Thor for me was initally Kirby's one and later on Walter Simonson.

I was expecting a lore more from their last movie, especially after seeing the Artwork that was a total homage to Kirby style. Instead got a piece of crap (IMO) Sunday afternoon stay at home mild comedy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.