Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell Yes, Slipknot's **** Thomson Has Joined the Jackson Family | Jackson® Guitars Blog

Yet another big name joining Jackson, they're really killing it this year with the endorsements! Furthermore, Thomson 's another of many who have jumped ship from Ibanez over the last few years.

I'll be intrigued to see what model he's rocking. His sig Ibanez was badass, I'll assume it'll be a similar deal; RG/Dinky with reverse headstock, Duncan blackouts and a non floating locking bridge.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
“And they still do. My new custom Double Rhoads and Soloist models are incredible. They sound massive. Every detail is perfection. I’m proud to be here.”

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
The Gus G thing was giving ESP the middle finger for stealing their artist relation's guy. :lol:

But yeah, Jackson's doing their damndest to get some big names on board, and it's starting to work.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
It's great to see Jackson reclaiming their position as THE instrument of choice of the metal guitar world.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
You know why I hate Jackson's?

I had a bully in elementary school named Terry Jackson. This kid kicked my ass numerous times in 4th and 5th grade....the worst being when I pulled out every Ninja Turtle move I knew, slipped on ice doing a roundhouse kick and made an ass of myself while he kicked the shit on me as I lay on ice. If there were cell phone cams back then, it would have easily went viral, "Fat Kid Fails Roundhouse, Gets Shit Kicked Out Of Him".

I own one, but it's one brand I just breeze on by when checking out guitars. I'm quite sure it's because of that asshole.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts

I had a bully in elementary school named Terry Jackson. This kid kicked my ass numerous times in 4th and 5th grade....the worst being when I pulled out every Ninja Turtle move I knew, slipped on ice doing a roundhouse kick and made an ass of myself while he kicked the shit on me as I lay on ice. If there were cell phone cams back then, it would have easily went viral, "Fat Kid Fails Roundhouse, Gets Shit Kicked Out Of Him".

I own one, but it's one brand I just breeze on by when checking out guitars. I'm quite sure it's because of that asshole.
I know that exact situation, but at least my bullies wasn't called Warmoth... Sorry, really crappy joke. But I had to. Because I'm tactless :flex:

Hell Yes, Slipknot's **** Thomson Has Joined the Jackson Family | Jackson® Guitars Blog

Yet another big name joining Jackson, they're really killing it this year with the endorsements! Furthermore, Thomson 's another of many who have jumped ship from Ibanez over the last few years.

I'll be intrigued to see what model he's rocking. His sig Ibanez was badass, I'll assume it'll be a similar deal; RG/Dinky with reverse headstock, Duncan blackouts and a non floating locking bridge.
Fuck, I should have patented my motherfucking fixed Floyd before this happened!

But seriously... A counterpart white Soloist with fixed Floyd (or something), NO INLAYS... ESPECIALLY NOT "SEVEN"... Oh my, I might be intrigued to get one honestly... Fuck! But it has to be right on all accounts for me to get one.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Here are the weapons. I'm curious about the bridges. They don't look like normal Floyds.

I'm surprised that a conversation about Slipknot has started on MG, I suppose we've all had that phase though :lol:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Here are the weapons. I'm curious about the bridges. They don't look like normal Floyds.

I'm surprised that a conversation about Slipknot has started on MG, I suppose we've all had that phase though :lol:
Killer axes! :yesway:

They're not normal floyds, they're probably based off Ibanez Gibraltar bridges.

Fender must be spending some money to obtain these artists.

Ibanez has too many artist endorsers anyway... Several of whom deserved sigs and didn't obtain them (Per Nilson, Chris Broderick).

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!
Tbh, whilst they're not the sort of music I'd listen to on a regular basis these days, they're a fantastic band full of insane musicians, and you'd be foolish to overlook the merits of both guitarists based on a stylistic difference. The guys rip, are responsible for some monster riffs, and have amazing taste in gear.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
:lol: Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not dissing on the band, I respect them and I used to really enjoy their music. Thing is, I mostly associate their fanbase with being teenagers or older guys being nostalgic about their teen years, hehe. I do know that either **** or Jim could out riff me any day!

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts

That soloist is NICE... But black. I wish they make a white version of it (just like the Ibby ones).

About bridge; that just looks like a low-profile Floyd with some plug for the arm hole to me. Probably has some blocking thing in the back, but I could be wrong.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lol: Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not dissing on the band, I respect them and I used to really enjoy their music. Thing is, I mostly associate their fanbase with being teenagers or older guys being nostalgic about their teen years, hehe. I do know that either **** or Jim could out riff me any day!
I bet they wish they were as cool as you!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
They NEED to ( and i Want/Need) a White version of that soloist. The MTM2 White (no 7 Inlay) is impossible to find in any auction site. If they make a white one I have an excuse to have the same guitar in different colors... hey its another brand not exactly the same (my excuse to the wife).

Now my Ibby fanboy mode:

-Yeah they are all leaving to Jackson cause Ibanez knows who's no longer relevant anymore in the Metal world :lmao:

Im joking, I have a DXMG and love it (its in Moding process for more than one year now...)

Revenge is never a too late thing, he is older now... so... who knows in what shape he is ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts