Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fan or not, I think this will do well. Ticks a lot of boxes, and hopefully won't have the ridiculous inlay his Ibanez sigs did when it becomes a production model.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I remember a while back he posted a picture with both of his jacksons - a soloist and a V. Both looked amazing.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Being honest.. what so special?

Typical Soloist Jackson with a mangled FR bridge and a guy with a mask talking on how great it is... theres really nothing that is really new from what he had before apart of no Inlays and Angled strings at the Nut.

At least Ibanez developed a new Bridge.. Jackson butchered a FR... and why would you want to angle the Bridge?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I saw this the other day and yes, it does look pretty sick! It does really make me want a Soloist too. I'd be intrigued to see more of how the whole blocking mechanisn works up-close. At the end of the day though there's nothing stopping you just getting a regular Soloist with floyd and blocking it.

·
Banned
835 Posts
I'd like to know more about the mechanics of that Floyd, pictures and what-not.
As far as I understand, they have tapped out the block and added a simple screw in the back to adjust the angle. Then they added two more screws, which press against the baseplate and lock the whole thing down, tighter than a wooden block ever could.

It's ingenious, and totally DIY'able.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Typical Soloist Jackson with a mangled FR bridge and a guy with a mask talking on how great it is... theres really nothing that is really new from what he had before apart of no Inlays and Angled strings at the Nut.

At least Ibanez developed a new Bridge.. Jackson butchered a FR... and why would you want to angle the Bridge?
The wood spec is quite unique for a Jackson to be fair... And the modified FR is only a temporary measure. He says the sig model will actually have its own unique type of bridge (I guess similar to the one that was on his Ibanez sig and the Meshuggah models)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

What isn't special? It's unlike anything Jackson currently does. It's everything good about the MTM, with the problems fixed.

There's nothing butchered about the bridge; it's a clever twist on the FX Edge idea, which itself is one of the best hardtails ever.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Ohhh Im pretty sure its a fine fine instrument :)

I was just upset when I posted... fucking Software crashing and making me loose work.. it was a bad time to post ahahaha

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I'm certainly interested to see what they come out with for the production one. That custom looks beautiful, but way out of my price range.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I don't listen to this band or follow them, but does he wear that dopey mask all the time? Are they never "off stage"? Does eat dinner and walk his dog in that thing?

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I don't listen to this band or follow them, but does he wear that dopey mask all the time? Are they never "off stage"? Does eat dinner and walk his dog in that thing?
No, they'll do interviews and such without them, although I don't think I've seen Root or Clown unmasked.

And yeah, **** does normal stuff like eat, sleep, and family shit like get stabbed in the back of the head by his brother.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts