Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
"HOLY SHIT did fredrik stop using the Vetta II?"

lol

I remember seeing the video of Fredrik trying it out, but he didn't really look that interested in it. I'm surprised to read this since he seemed to love his AxeFX.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
They look fascinating, and the one decently recorded clip I've seen of the Tuzzia sounded awesome, and it wasn't a player just doing a bunch of djent stuff:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Personally, all of the metal rhythm clips I've heard have left me unimpressed. The concept is cool and maybe it sounds better in person, but they really need to get better clips, or maybe they don't since Meshuggah is using them now :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
You know, this is big news... But, don't shoot me, I don't expect to see a flood of AxeFX's until Bulb switches to something else. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:flame:

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
They look fascinating, and the one decently recorded clip I've seen of the Tuzzia sounded awesome, and it wasn't a player just doing a bunch of djent stuff:

YouTube - DAR Amps - Tuzzia Teaser Demo 1.m4v
I am not impressed. Not saying it isn't a good amp... there are lots of good amps. This is not a "better" amp than any number of other solutions (depending on what tone you want).

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
or maybe they don't since Meshuggah is using them now :lol:
I wouldn't be too quick to make that assumption, but I know what you're getting at :) The cab-less modeling setups they switched to years ago (POD's, Vetta's, AxeFX) were for very substantiated reasons; to keep the touring shipping costs down, tonal uniformity, maintenance simplicity, and a clean stage. I'd be very surprised to see them take tube head setups on tour again.

More likely is that Fred and Jocke (and all band members of both Mesh and Clawfinger) of are co-owners of FAL Studios, and collect numerous good amps for use in the studio, and they have a nice collection of stuff there, for use by not only them, but their recording clients too. They own many great tube heads, but Meshuggah doesn't tour with those either. We'll see soon enough I suppose. I'll be going there soon for a visit, so I'll see what's going on.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've actually dug pretty much every clip I've heard of one of these. Too bad I don't have $1800 burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I really dug the tones from the Tuzzia that guy was getting in the clip I posted. Not very metal, though, I suppose. Might not have a tight enough low end for some folks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
After having played with my Axe Fx Ultra, I would have a hard time going to something like that for a full time rig. I could see getting one if you had a sound proof studio or if you just had a lot of money lying around and gear is your thing. But let's face it, most of us spend all the money we have making the one rig we have the best it can be. I got the Axe FX not only because the amp models sound killer and the fx are unbelievable but I have 3 year old twins at home that don't care how good my amp might sound when they are trying to sleep at night. In my opinion, mic'ing an amp for recording has become antiquated for most people. I don't have time and money to spend on all the out board gear to make that happen. Re-amping for me is one of the most important advancements I have been able to use to improve my recordings. The amp looks killer but right now I have a hard time imagining my self ever getting another amp head again.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
After having played with my Axe Fx Ultra, I would have a hard time going to something like that for a full time rig. I could see getting one if you had a sound proof studio or if you just had a lot of money lying around and gear is your thing. But let's face it, most of us spend all the money we have making the one rig we have the best it can be. I got the Axe FX not only because the amp models sound killer and the fx are unbelievable but I have 3 year old twins at home that don't care how good my amp might sound when they are trying to sleep at night. In my opinion, mic'ing an amp for recording has become antiquated for most people. I don't have time and money to spend on all the out board gear to make that happen. Re-amping for me is one of the most important advancements I have been able to use to improve my recordings. The amp looks killer but right now I have a hard time imagining my self ever getting another amp head again.

Just my 2 cents.
All great points. :yesway:

One of the main reasons that I got the AFX was for recording direct and playing at low volumes, especially at night. Being able to whip headphones on and let it rip to your heart's content is awesome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about the amps, especially Josh. I've been deep in building and engineering lately and its been a bit of time since I've posted.

I can say that in my opinion deciding between an Axe Fx and an amp is not quite right. I love the Axe FX, and it's versitility is awesome. At the same time there is a place for a modern tube amp in metal, expecially one with so much connectivity that it can be seamlessy integrated into stage/studio setups. Connecting an amp like the Forza to the Axe Fx is a vicious combo...

In a perfect world, I'd have both. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about the amps, especially Josh. I've been deep in building and engineering lately and its been a bit of time since I've posted.

I can say that in my opinion deciding between an Axe Fx and an amp is not quite right. I love the Axe FX, and it's versitility is awesome. At the same time there is a place for a modern tube amp in metal, expecially one with so much connectivity that it can be seamlessy integrated into stage/studio setups. Connecting an amp like the Forza to the Axe Fx is a vicious combo...

In a perfect world, I'd have both. :D
I can totally see your point. I'm just saying that for my situation (which is primarily a hobbyist and family man) the Axe Fx fit my situation better because I can't even pull out a guitar until my kids go to sleep. My band also rehearses direct through headphones 90% of the time so I'm not even using a poweramp or 4X12 most of the time.

I in no way meant to disparage your product. Those power tubes up front look absolutely insane. I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your amps. Based on the people who have taken interest in them, you are off to a great start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts