1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Sorry to hear this bro. RIP

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I heard about this last week. I never met Kyle during my time in Ottawa, but we have several mutual friends and I'm pretty sure we shared a guitar teacher. Hope you guys are doing okay, over there.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
What caused him to pass away? I ask cause he's about 2 years younger than me and it's hard to see young people pass away.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Addictions are an ugly monster man I lost three of my close friends over a few years with the same thing. They where all in there early thirties.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry for your losses in edmonton, thanks everyone for the outpouring of support. He was way too young to fucking go. I think people with addictions are shamed so frequently by others that they become embarassed and forced into using alone. Death from an OD typically isn't instant and with someone else present there are things like naloxone kits that can help save someones life (as well as obviously paramedics). I recommend anyone that lives with an opiod user get one of these kits and try to practice harm reduction instead of looking down on addicts as scum.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
I recommend anyone that lives with an opiod user get one of these kits and try to practice harm reduction instead of looking down on addicts as scum.
RIP, sorry to hear this. There is someone struggling with this in our extended family and it has been a terrible nightmare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts