Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That's really cool. I love Klein-esque shapes and headless instruments, and that's an interesting variation.

Some of you know that my current favorite guitar shape is the Forshage Hollowbody, which crosses a bit of the Teuffel Tesla and the Klein:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That Strandberg trem is very cool. He's still prototyping new versions and has a hardtail (or hardtail fanned-fret) versions as well.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've been watching Strandberg's progress since the beginning, as I really want this to work.

Unfortunately, right now the Strandberg trem in only available in "prototype" form, which does not have the stainless steel knife edges that he plans to use later.

The other problem people have run into with his bridge design is that anodized aluminum doesn't conduct very well, so it is difficult to ground the individual bridges in his hardtail system. Additionally, the routing required to mount the bridge is somewhat tricky to do as it requires a number of precise, shallow, and very small top routs.

Despite these problems, I honestly can't wait till he gets the bugs worked out. I've always wanted good headless fanned-fret and headless trem systems that didn't require double-ball strings so you could play with different gauges and scale lengths.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
That's really cool. I love Klein-esque shapes and headless instruments, and that's an interesting variation.

Some of you know that my current favorite guitar shape is the Forshage Hollowbody, which crosses a bit of the Teuffel Tesla and the Klein:

:eek: Noice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts