Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Awesome as usual :yesway: I love solo acoustic guitar music, and this guy is one of my favourites (though Don Ross might win out slightly, just because I've been a fan of his for so long :lol: ).

There was a guy at open-mic last Friday that did a Don Ross cover, an Antoine Dufour cover, and Andy McKee's "Drifting" and pretty much nailed the first two (butchered "Drifting", sadly).

·
Registered
617 Posts
I love that song. I saw Andy Mckee a few years back and a guy from the crowd kept shouting for Spiritual Groove.:noplease: Eventually Andy had to tell him it wasn't his song!
I tried learning it but I can't get it sounding as good and clean as he does. Not by a mile even, but it's a joy to play. I really like the version with the violin on it too.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ I never liked that version, though. There are a few semi-obvious clams, and he doesn't play it with the same energy and authority as this one:

·
18,790 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm bagging on Dufour because he's absofuckinglutely amazing and makes me want to chop all of my guitars into kindling or anything..

But man, those fingernails are just creepy. I know why he does it, and I'd do it too if it would help me play like that, but they're still creepy. :lol:

That said, all of his stuff is brilliant. Dude is a monster.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm bagging on Dufour because he's absofuckinglutely amazing and makes me want to chop all of my guitars into kindling or anything..
I have the same tiny nitpick with all these acoustic dudes -- I can't stand people drumming on their guitars. As soon as they start to play the complex melody/chord parts, it looses the backing rhythm behind it. But hey, they play better than i can :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
that sounds really nice :yesway:

I think my buddy could probably play the first minute within a week or two of practice :ugh: damn his chops :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.