Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Will update as I do it. It's dawning on me with every second how big a job this is, with the restringing and setting up of two guitars I've got to do once they're swapped over, too :lol: I'm so slow at this shit it's not even funny...

UPDATE: RG stripped!

UPDATE 2: Xiphos stripped!

UPDATE 3: Xiphos blackened!

UPDATE 4: Xiphos restrung and set up!

UPDATE 5: The RG465m be-chromed!

Excuse the shit pics, it's night time now so no natural light. Will take some boss pics tomorrow during the daylight with Ryan's spiffy SLR :D

I must admit, even before I did the swap, I thought to myself "the xiphos will look badass, but the RG will probs look shit" but I didn't care, because the Xiphos was the main point of this whole exercise.

However, I think the RG also came off looking better than before thanks to this little endeavour. Chrome looks classy on primary colours, cheap on black. I think the opposite can be said for black hardware, honestly (good on black finishes, cheap on colours).

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah but I've only ever actually done it to one so far, and that's the Xiphos :lol:
No I really genuinely love the D'Activator in the RG, it's perfect for the guitar.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
And a black heart.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just put the chrome on the RG, and I must say, it looks fucking awesome :agreed: Very Satch!

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
How comfortable is the Xiphons to play? I've never seen one at the store or anything to try out. Can you sit down and play it or is it a stand up only guitar?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts