Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New song is up. It's fucking amazing. Alive or Just Breathing was the first metal album I ever bought and I love it just as much now as I first did then.

New stuff isn't Alive Ver. 2, but it's still a return to the best bits of Killswitch before they got shit with Howard - Jesse's soaring vocals, Adam's chunky drums and a few guitar riffs. Cannot wait for this album.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/strengthinnumbers/

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Awesome..So what is this? :lol: Is it JUST Jesse and Adam? or is it Older stuff they did before KsE?

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Awesome..So what is this? :lol: Is it JUST Jesse and Adam? or is it Older stuff they did before KsE?
If you want such stuff, i suggest to check out AFTERSHOCK as well as OVERCAST. both amazing bands back then, and imho muchmuch better than the shit they did with their follow up bands...namely KSE and Shadows Fall.

Aftershock had Adam D on drums, and pretty much everyone esle fromt he first KSE lineup, except the bassist was from Overcast if i remember correctly.

Overcasts bassist, as mentioned, formed KSE, the rest of the guys went on and "overtook" Shadows Fall.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
If you want such stuff, i suggest to check out AFTERSHOCK as well as OVERCAST. both amazing bands back then, and imho muchmuch better than the shit they did with their follow up bands...namely KSE and Shadows Fall.

Aftershock had Adam D on drums, and pretty much everyone esle fromt he first KSE lineup, except the bassist was from Overcast if i remember correctly.

YouTube - Aftershock - Prelude to Forever

YouTube - Aftershock - Living Backward

YouTube - Aftershock - My Own Invention

Overcasts bassist, as mentioned, formed KSE, the rest of the guys went on and "overtook" Shadows Fall.

YouTube - Overcast - More Metal Than Your Ma's Kettle

YouTube - Overcast - Spun
Nice, Yeah I think thats how it went down :lol: I Have the From bedroom to basment DVD from KsE and it sorta tells the story of how they became the bands they are now.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Nice, Yeah I think thats how it went down :lol: I Have the From bedroom to basment DVD from KsE and it sorta tells the story of how they became the bands they are now.
Cool man, is there some old live-video footage also on it or something? I then would be interested and may take a look into this.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
:bump: They have a article with Adam and Jesse in the newest Guitar World(read it in the market)

Sounds pretty cool. :yesway:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, estimated shipping is a fucking joke. Why do all these places want to send it via USPS MASSIVE FUCKING BOX service, when international small package would do? It's like they honestly think a t-shirt and cd will be more than 4lbs in weight, and therefore more than $8.51 to send.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Yeah, estimated shipping is a fucking joke. Why do all these places want to send it via USPS MASSIVE FUCKING BOX service, when international small package would do? It's like they honestly think a t-shirt and cd will be more than 4lbs in weight, and therefore more than $8.51 to send.
Send me cash I send you goods. :yesway:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds brilliant! I've been a long KSE fan.

I cant say I've been too inspired by the latest KSE offerings though, they seem to have lost their touch. I did enjoy The Empire shall fall after a few listens however and I hope Jesse keeps that project going.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Woa, I like this a lot more than I expected.
Honestly expected it to be really mediocre, but damn, it's really not bad at all:yesway:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts