Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIDI controller has a big ol' wall wart, and my power conditioner is at the top of my rack space with the GMaj2 below it, so there isn't any space to plug in the FC.

Enter these guys, $5 for a 3-pack at Wal-Mart. :yesway:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Short-Cord-SHORT-CORD/dp/B0010OHED6]Amazon.com: 3 Pack Short Cord, 8" 16/3 3PK SHORT CORD: Home Improvement[/ame]

I know some folks with bigger racks just put a power strip in the back, but mine's pretty full since I have a fuckload of cables coming out of the MOTU. These did the job perfectly. :yesway:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did the same thing. I actually put a long screw on one of the back rails near the top and left just enough space for the walwart to sit on top of it. then I took a couple of cable ties and secured it really tightly and then ran the adapter from the walwart to the power conditioner.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
alot of the furman rackmount strips have 3 spaced plugs so you can easily fit wall warts on it. The wall wart for my Lexicon pedalboard is ridiculously big.

Also I've used the Dr Ferd's Wart Remover plugs before too, but honestly I think yours look like they'd work better.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Yeah, I use Dr. Ferd's Wall Wart Removers myself, and then I use velcro to keep them stuck to the bottom of the rack, so they don't move around when transporting.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I'll have to remember about these when I finish my rig.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, I use Dr. Ferd's Wall Wart Removers myself, and then I use velcro to keep them stuck to the bottom of the rack, so they don't move around when transporting.

:holy: Dude! Nice job on the rack! That looks sweet! I'm a big stickler for an orderly wiring job!

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
:holy: Dude! Nice job on the rack! That looks sweet! I'm a big stickler for an orderly wiring job!
Thanks man. It could be neater, but I don't like to cut manufacturer's power cords, and the audio cables are Monster Rock cables (Got them with Employee discount, and if I ever have a problem with them, I can just get new ones at a local GC). Anyways, here's a view of the entire back of the rack

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I also have a kinda "cheapo" solution, because i put all my pedals in the rack, and also the Rocktron Xpression has no normal power cable, but one with a big ass transformer on it.

Pull-out rack-rail:

Placing pedals in front, 10$-power-strip (with fuse) in the back:

And now, use cable-tie:

Fixing the pedals with velcro onto the drawer:

After that, i also fixed the power supplies with cable-tie to the powerstrip.

Result:

Beeing completely setup in less than 5 minutes at gigs and rehearsals. Win.

·
Registered
371 Posts
since this thread has just been bumped, I figured I'd post pic of how I use one of these in my rack with my big AC adapter for my Ground Control Pro (which I bought from Shannon LOL).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts