Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm looking at this guitar. Asking price is $2999 Canadian, which knocks it to around $2200 US.

The guitar is in immaculate condition save for someone who dinged it by removing a guitar off the bottom rack and into the bottom of the Custom 24.

I know literally dick about PRS except for the fact that I own 2 SE's.

The manager of the store had told me that he had his tech drop fill the ding and it's completely smooth to the touch and it looks even less noticeable in person.

what do you guys think?

Attachments

Reactions: Daniel

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Any other details about model designation (ps, wood library, 10 top, etc)? Cool guitar but steep price if it's just a vanilla core series with a flamed top especially with any dings.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 top, pattern regular neck are the details they gave me above and beyond.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Its post 2011 overhaul which means its $4500 new, so the price makes sense. If you love it sure, but you may be able to find a wood library for not much more. Dont forget tax on a store buy.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its post 2011 overhaul which means its $4500 new, so the price makes sense. If you love it sure, but you may be able to find a wood library for not much more. Dont forget tax on a store buy.
5 percent Alberta tax :agreed:

I was hoping you'd weigh in. I guess in any case I could have just asked you in the first place :rofl:

I'm debating this or a brand new CE.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
5 percent Alberta tax :agreed:

I was hoping you'd weigh in. I guess in any case I could have just asked you in the first place :rofl:

I'm debating this or a brand new CE.
Why a brand new one? Given that you can get two used ones for $3KCAD :lol:.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I really don't like that finish, lol. But if you need a PRS style guitar and you like how that one sounds and plays, well, snag it.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
22 frets grossssssss :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
22 frets grossssssss
How often are you realistically hitting 24th? Do you prefer the neck pickup placement on a 22 or a 24? Answer those and away you go. CE24's wont cost any extra either.

Still bummed I didnt get a wraptail CE22 😞

1 - 15 of 15 Posts