Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving today, and of course in White Plains there are a million gangstamobiles with obnoxious stereos cranking out shitty hip hop and R&B.

So imagine my shock when a big, distinguished-looking black guy in a suit pulls up next to me in a pimped-out Escalade blasting this at 11:

I had to roll down my video and give him the horns, which he returned with a grin.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

why would you give him the horns if he was listening to blues.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

why would you give him the horns if he was listening to blues.
I'm sure what you really meant to say was:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
:shrug:

Black people created the blues, man. It's THEIR music.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Having black skin in this country has a lot to do with the invention of the blues, but has no bearing on one's ability to play it. See OP and this:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
That video is awesome Leon. I'd never heard a white guy do delta blues right before.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
My mom liked boyz II men when I was watching pop music videos on much music.

As for cranking blues, good! My car sometimes turns into a moving noise violation of the metal genre - I love it :metal:.

crank what you like - I've seen middle age guys driving nice cars with the radio up, or some 80's hair metal up, or some nickelback up.. hell, last week I was at a gas station and a middle aged bigger guy had Eminem on - the song about blacking out and killing people and leaving them under the floor or whatever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts