Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom and Jerry Movie?: Warner Bros. Bringing Classic Hanna-Barbera Cartoon To Screen

arner Bros. is bringing the classic cartoon Tom and Jerry to the silver screen.

According to Variety, the studio is revisioning the feuding cat and mouse as CGI animals that chase each other around a live-action setting. Producer Dan Lin (The Departed, Sherlock Holmes) is developing the property as an origins tale: Tom and Jerry meet, immediately start hitting each other with large objects before they get lost in Chicago and are forced to band together in order to survive. Eric Gravning (B-Minor, Mr. Burnout, Class Act) is writing the script.

Warner owns the copyrights to all Hanna-Barbera cartoons (despite the fact that they were initially made for MGM), and is planning on bringing 2 other animated properties to the big screen. Director Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Spy Kids) is taking on The Jetsons, while producer Donald De Line (Body of Lies) is developing Yogi Bear.
Well, this is heresy. :noway:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Tom and Jerry never needed anything more than random violence with household objects. This is going to suck.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nooo :(

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
Teh failz.

First the A-Team now this?

·
Banned
355 Posts
Do the dicks in hollywood just set out to ruin everything there is entertainment wise? Wait...I know the answer. It's all about money of course and somewhere some idiot(S) will pay the money to watch this load of crap.

Example: Twilight series

·
Read Only
1 Posts
The Ricks are in agreement.

:lol:
:metal::rofl: I always wondered wh ythey havent spun off an itchy and scratchy show

30 min of senseless animated weekly violence would rule.

Gues it wont happen tho -they are too busy with all of the mediocre seth mcfarland shows....

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
What. the. fuck. An actual STORYLINE in a Tom & Jerry movie? Are you shitting me, Hollywood?
I take it you haven't seen any of the films they did (don't think they ever saw cinema release, but still)?

Couldn't find a much better clip, but Jerry's voice at the end pretty much says it all :noplease:. Now this on the other hand:

:agreed:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts