1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at these:

STEWMAC.COM : Capacitors

And this:

I have a 331 for the volume, but not a 223 for the tone, and I can't find via Google-fu what the 223 is even rated for. With passives and a 500k pot, should I be good to go with the 0.050mf from StewMac?

Edit, and While I'm at it, am I better off going with the 0.001mf on the volume pot?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Kevan said this is this cap on his CST - 1H223KH

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks buddy. For 8 bucks I'll try the ODs, I s'pose. Eric, did you do a direct swap, and if so, did you actually notice a difference? For an ~800% markup, they'd better make my sweep picking better too. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Thanks buddy. For 8 bucks I'll try the ODs, I s'pose. Eric, did you do a direct swap, and if so, did you actually notice a difference? For an ~800% markup, they'd better make my sweep picking better too. :lol:
I got a loaded pickguard from Vintage Vibe. Pete puts those on stock. Since I also got new pickups and pots and switches it's hard to say how much difference they make. They are the most usable tone pots I've ever had. You can get a lot of usable sounds by rolling the knob around unlike a lot of tone pots I just leave at "10". Also the pickups I'm using in my Carvin are pretty vintage sounding so the results with the Blazes are probably going to be different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.