Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fucking awesome time. Off-roading is one of the most fun things ever, I swear my cheeks hurt from laughing all day.

The plan was to run this trail in one direction, and then on the way back take a bunch of videos. Unfortunately, my buddy Pete got a flat at the END of the trailhead, and then proceeded to use his super-human offroad skills to haul fucking ass out of the woods before it was completely out of air. :lol: Hilarity ensued and we got it taken care of, but missed out on taking better pics and vids. (Honestly I gave zero fucks about it anyway, was just out to have a good time.)

A good amount of mud, tons of seriously deep iced-over puddles and a lot of rocks, so it was some slow going, but she didn't get stuck! :metal: Had a check engine light on right as I brought it home, but pulled the code and it was just the result of a catalytic full of mud and ice (lol) so I was able to clear it out. :flex:

Had it up to the headlights at one point (you definitely pee a little when the front end slides in and the wave you make rebounds off the trees and washes up over your hood :lol:), but the old sled made it though like a beast. :D
Anyhow, pics! :metal:

My trail guide:

Two guys in the woods, two flat spare tires: :lol:

Chunks of ice falling out of my engine bay at the nearest place to pick up a patch kit.

Dirty Taco:

Think this is flat? :lol:

Mission accomplished! :D

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
Awesome dude! looks like you had tons of fun!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Awesome! I want to go and do some proper mudding at some point. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, people had trucks, no one ever took me out.

I did however go "mudding" (but not really) in our Ford Winstar and 91'(?) Camry :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
That would be awesome! I wanna get one for my longboard once it gets warm enough to start hitting the big hills again

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
That would be awesome! I wanna get one for my longboard once it gets warm enough to start hitting the big hills again
Nice. I plan to use it for mountain biking and paintballing. :metal:

Also that looks fun as whell Chris. My dad used to have a old ram charger he would take us off roading in a tiny bit. :agreed: Fun to go off road. :agreed:

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I hope you plan on getting it a little dirtier. I know it's the maiden voyage and all but it looks pretty clean. I live in the sticks, if there's one thing the locals know how to do is go out in the hills and get DIRTY.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope you plan on getting it a little dirtier. I know it's the maiden voyage and all but it looks pretty clean. I live in the sticks, if there's one thing the locals know how to do is go out in the hills and get DIRTY.
Well, it's winter man. Most of the ground is frozen, and other than driving through what mud there is, I don't have much control over how much dirt gets thrown around. :lol:

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
<waiting for Chris to show pics of "Taco" pulling the space shuttle next...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts