Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I'm intrigued by this, but I can't say i'm really impressed with the clips on Toontrack's site. This is something right up my alley though, so hopefully someone will post up some better clips soon that will make me want to buy it.

*edit*

This sounds quite a bit better. :yesway: I can't say I like the Dunnett titanium kit, but this EZX also has this snare, which is pretty awesome:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The fact that it's an EZX and not an SDX sucks. Even DKFH had more control over the mix than that. A single channel for the snare (no top/bot) and a single channel for all the toms? No thanks.

Staub:

DKFH:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
If this doesn't end with S3.0 or something I may be a little disappointed. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I want to get both the Staub EZX as well as his EZMix pack. Sounds really good to me, and musically right up my alley.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The interesting thing about this is that the presets can't be tweaked a lot, so there's a good chance that what you hear on these videos will be pretty darn close to what you get at home.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The interesting thing about this is that the presets can't be tweaked a lot, so there's a good chance that what you hear on these videos will be pretty darn close to what you get at home.
I believe Ola's video is totally out of the box sound, but don't quote me on that.

That said - you can certainly tweak it after the fact. It's just a VST. If you put it in an effects chain like a normal effect, you can pre/post EQ it - or add any other processing to it just like anything else.

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
I believe Ola's video is totally out of the box sound, but don't quote me on that.

That said - you can certainly tweak it after the fact. It's just a VST. If you put it in an effects chain like a normal effect, you can pre/post EQ it - or add any other processing to it just like anything else.
yup it is totally out of the box. All I used was Ezmix. nothing else!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

Yeah I didn't think of that - DERP! :lol: I was thinking in terms of just the EZMix plugin itself. Not a lot of tweaking allowed, I don't think. Unless I'm missing something!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts