Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=84

Pretty sweet.

One world-renowned drummer, Tomas Haake, member of the extreme metal band Meshuggah.

One in demand producer, Daniel Bergstrand, whose mixing and producing credits include the likes of In Flames, Strapping Young Lad, Soilwork and Meshuggah, just to name a few.

Two Incredible drum sets, assembled and recorded to metal perfection, ready to bring your metal productions to the next level. And, for the first time in Toontrack history, we've included Separate mix channels in the EZdrummer mixer, containing kick and snare drum samples designed by Daniel Bergstrand, that augment these already amazingly recorded drums.

Twelve classic Meshuggah songs, captured flawlessly via MIDI by Tomas Haake himself, organized both as full songs as well as song parts so you can customize, dissect and use his grooves and drumming brilliance to inspire or create your next grand metal composition.

This is the next step in the evolution of Metal drum production tools.

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
Not to go too off topic but those demos are interesting. You get to hear Meshuggah's songs recorded with the new axefx tone.(I know that is sort of on the Alive dvd, but it's not quite the same) Sounds bad on the older stuff, but it's a drastic improvement on the 8 string stuff.

On another note, I'm much more impressed by the default sound that comes with Ez drummer than this expansion.

·
By your command!
180 Posts
Sounds awfully nice, only listened to the meshuggah demo's but it looks like they did their best to get rid of that distinctive EZdrummer sound.

Might check this out.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I'd like to hear clips of how this actually sounds?

I to am a fan of the default kit and wonder if I'll think the same with this as I did with the dfh expansion

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Have you guys heard of Joe Barresi's Evil Drums Expansion? He has a solid track record as a rock/metal producer/engineer/mixer. He did Tool's 10,000 Days album. Judging by the sound samples, it may be a little better suited for rock than metal, but the sound seems to have a more natural feel to it than the Avatar kit that comes with Superior Drummer 2.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Hm. This deflates my Superior 2.0 GAS. I don't like that super clicky thin kick, but the other was fine.

With an EDX in EZDrummer, can you combine the kick from this kit, the snare from that kit, etc and make your own?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, sort of. There may be an easier/better way, but the basic way that I do it is just to have two VST tracks running at the same time.

·
18,790 Posts
Have you guys heard of Joe Barresi's Evil Drums Expansion? He has a solid track record as a rock/metal producer/engineer/mixer. He did Tool's 10,000 Days album. Judging by the sound samples, it may be a little better suited for rock than metal, but the sound seems to have a more natural feel to it than the Avatar kit that comes with Superior Drummer 2.
Want. :eek:

·
abides
851 Posts
I downloaded this earlier and had a few minutes messing around time with it, it's a very cool drum library to have - perfect for songwriting when you can't be arsed to have to load up and mix an S2.0 kit.
I can see myself using the toms and maybe the kicks in S2.0 for proper mixes too. :metal:

I still haven't figured out how to do this with Superior. :scratch:

Suggestions?
Read up on the X-Drum feature, it does that and more :yesway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I had not until now. Wow. Those drums sound REALLY good!! I may invest in this, at least for the kick and snare.

·
abides
851 Posts
OK, so on further messing around, the processed trigger tracks are a godsend! You can use x-drum to stick them into any kit, so they're absolutely great for augmenting kicks and snares from any of the Toontrack products if you're after punchy tones.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Good lord. :metal:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts