Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you not seen mine and Bob's 923874923 Wheel/ASOIAF/Malazan threads over the past years? :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WoT picks back up around book 9. On my second read, I actually enjoyed the middle doldrums more because I wasn't constantly hoping that the next chapter would have Rand in it actually doing something.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Have you not seen mine and Bob's 923874923 Wheel/ASOIAF/Malazan threads over the past years? :lol:
I'm joking... You're like the only person I know who has sat through all of those books. I got like halfway through The Eye of the World, and that took me like two years.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm joking... You're like the only person I know who has sat through all of those books. I got like halfway through The Eye of the World, and that took me like two years.
:lol: My bad.

I am a reading machine. I generally go through 2-3 books a month, more if I'm on travel because that's all there is to do (and I try to save cash when I'm out and about).

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Despite the huge following here of Malazan, I found nothing in the first book that made me want to buy the second one.

I have all 3 of the original Wayfairer series here, I just havent gotten around to reading them. I Found them for like 2$ each at a used bookstore, and decided to buy them all at once. :lol:

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
I have all 3 of the original Wayfairer series here, I just havent gotten around to reading them. I Found them for like 2$ each at a used bookstore, and decided to buy them all at once. :lol:
Alright, now I'm going to seem a bit stupid here but I have to ask...

"Wayfarer" as in the Sara Douglass books? :ugh: [/retard]

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to be the Hannity to your Colmes. :lol:
Allow me to say once again then that book 2 is really the first awesome book in the series, and that book 1 was written to be a screenplay. Erikson's said it a bunch, just like you and I! :woohoo:

:ryan:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Allow me to say once again then that book 2 is really the first awesome book in the series, and that book 1 was written to be a screenplay. Erikson's said it a bunch, just like you and I! :woohoo:

:ryan:
I guess its better than starting a series really strong, writing four books and then spending half a decade blogging about football.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Yeah, I just can't spell. :lol:
Ok, in which case:

Don't read them unless the books you have are "Battleaxe," "Enchanter," and "Starman."

I remember reading something about the 6 books being titled under the "Wayfarer Redemption" series in some cases, when over here the first three books (the ones I mentioned) are the "Axis Trilogy".

All great books, but you should read the Axis Trilogy stuff first :yesway:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I don't really see those series as being adaptable. Malazan for one... As a novel, it can be as confusing as hell. As a TV series, miss one episode and you'll be like "What the fuck? Who is that? What is going on? Where the hell...? HUH!??!?"

:lol: My bad.

I am a reading machine. I generally go through 2-3 books a month, more if I'm on travel because that's all there is to do (and I try to save cash when I'm out and about).
:lol: Same here. Although I think The Crippled God might take all month to finish. :p

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
WoT picks back up around book 9. On my second read, I actually enjoyed the middle doldrums more because I wasn't constantly hoping that the next chapter would have Rand in it actually doing something.
That's about where I ran out of steam back when I was reading them. Though, to be fair, it was less that I got sick of nothing happening and more that I got sick of buying a book, ripping through it in less than a week, and having to wait a year and a half for the next one to come out where absolutely nothing happened. Finally, I gave up and vowed to pick the series back up when the last book was released. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's about where I ran out of steam back when I was reading them. Though, to be fair, it was less that I got sick of nothing happening and more that I got sick of buying a book, ripping through it in less than a week, and having to wait a year and a half for the next one to come out where absolutely nothing happened. Finally, I gave up and vowed to pick the series back up when the last book was released. :lol:
You, on the other hand, should read The Black Company.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts