Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing this at night in my spare time from my hotel. Runs really well, on my MBP, with most settings on high and AA turned on. :yesway:

Torchlight - Runic Games

Fun little game, kind of a D2 clone, definitely worth $20, and it's available on Steam.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Torchlight is a great game

They are working on a MMO version.....

Another good game in the same vein is Mythos . I was in the old beta - it got scrapped (company had cash problems) but the game is back in productions

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm liking it so far. I'm on level 10 or so of the first dungeon, right where it goes from skeletons and coffins to more grass and spiders.

Problem is, between this and DeathSpank, I'm going to be sick of this genre by the time I get around to Starcraft 2. :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I'm liking it so far. I'm on level 10 or so of the first dungeon, right where it goes from skeletons and coffins to more grass and spiders.

Problem is, between this and DeathSpank, I'm going to be sick of this genre by the time I get around to Starcraft 2. :lol:
It can/does get repetitive :agreed:

I like the Dog - pretty neat idea actually

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Looks kind of cool, and for $19 it's probably worth a look - I do have a soft spot for this genre. :wub:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Definitely a fun game, although its been on sale for $5 several times before, so I'd hold out for a sale personally.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Cool - PM me or bump this (or both!) next time you see it on sale (Steam, I assume) and I'll grab it then. I'm a bit busy at the moment, so holding off a bit before getting another distraction is probably a good idea. :D

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
My impression of it from what I played of it was that it's Diablo III for people who don't want to wait for it. It lacks the depth I'd expect from a Diablo game, but it's still pretty fun.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
My impression of it from what I played of it was that it's Diablo III for people who don't want to wait for it. It lacks the depth I'd expect from a Diablo game, but it's still pretty fun.
this is how i felt when i played it. the game is good but it doesn't draw you in really deep

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That's actually what I look for in a game, no deep draw. I just want to slay some bad-guys/zombies/ghouls/whathaveyou for an hour or so. Anything deeper than that, and I'll get utterly sucked in.

I have a problem :drew:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Just got this as a gift for preordering 2, and I have to say, this is shitting all over d3.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Yeah, Torchlight is fun as hell, and it's on the 360 like D3 should have been. I haven't touched D3 in a few weeks, but I am pretty excited to play Torchlight 2.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
It's now back up to $8.99, 40% off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.