Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
No lazily wired piezo with unsightly hole? Ibanez must be slipping!

Seriously pretty though.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
No idea why that cant be the production model over the current 2228, it would sell so much better...

Amazing guitar!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I have been told that Ibanez refuses to go longer, I guess they made those special ones for Meshuggah right? But they are telling 8-strings artists "no" for requests of 30" scale length.

I agree though that I am surprised that Ibanez made something that slick.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Is that a mid kill switch? :lol:

It is a great looking guitar otherwise. Shame it plays like a pile of slop.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
No idea why that cant be the production model over the current 2228, it would sell so much better...
No it wouldn't, at the $3k+ asking price something like that would come with. :lol:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Looks like a gorgeous instrument... I'd be interested to see a more detailed sheet of specs.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's pretty stunning. And amazing that Ibanez would use HARDWARE SOMEONE ELSE MADE on one of their guitars!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I have been told that Ibanez refuses to go longer, I guess they made those special ones for Meshuggah right? But they are telling 8-strings artists "no" for requests of 30" scale length.

Interesting, since Mushok's baritone was 28" that they won't at least do that.

I also find it funny that this is called an Ibanez. It's about as much an Ibanez as Quigley's Sherman is.

Oh that's right; it's got an Ibanez sticker on the headstock. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

That may be so, but Tosin has said in interviews that he prefers the shorter scale length :shrug:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts