Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to write an article for a football site that was off-topic, so, of course I chose to write about guitars. In doing so and looking for a nice, diverse list of guitar players to mention, I stumbled onto these guys. Really dig this. Anyone else heard these cats?

(meant to put this in the general forum, can someone move it?)

Reactions: bigdave

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Awesome band. They have one riff, can't remember the song title now, I'll find it later, but it's one of those riffs you have to keep rewinding and listening to over and over again. So heavy and dark it's disgusting.

EDIT: Prayermonger!!!

It's worth waiting for the build-up, but the riff I'm referring to starts at 1:19. Holy fucking heavy balls Batman. Seriously one of the heaviest riffs of all time.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Awesome band. They have one riff, can't remember the song title now, I'll find it later, but it's one of those riffs you have to keep rewinding and listening to over and over again. So heavy and dark it's disgusting.

It's worth waiting for the build-up, but the riff I'm referring to starts at 1:19. Holy fucking heavy balls Batman. Seriously one of the heaviest riffs of all time.
Not my kind of music but man the production is friggin killer.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Very cool. Need to send these guys out with Gojira on tour...

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Rabea is one of the few current younger guitarist that I have any faith in. He approaches the instrument the correct way, he is very intelligent musically and his sense of melody is off the fucking charts. There are definitely some riffs/songs Rabea has written that I don't enjoy as much as his others BUT I have never heard a bad one. Rabea is criminally underrated IMHO but if he keeps at it I can definitely see that changing, and sooner rather than later.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Rabea is one of the few current younger guitarist that I have any faith in. He approaches the instrument the correct way, he is very intelligent musically and his sense of melody is off the fucking charts. There are definitely some riffs/songs Rabea has written that I don't enjoy as much as his others BUT I have never heard a bad one. Rabea is criminally underrated IMHO but if he keeps at it I can definitely see that changing, and sooner rather than later.
:hesright:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.