I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Why bother even writing songs anymore? :shrug:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Good point. Great description.

Well, I still write songs. :wub:
So do I. I'll never understand the point of writing something just to show off technique. If Van Halen can write a song, then no one else has an excuse, since the dude practically invented shred.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Hell, I can't even write a song right now without thinking it sounds like shit. But yeah, definitely not a fan of this band. I remember seeing a video of one of their guitarists giving a lesson and it was very sloppy.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

I love over the top technical death metal like this when I'm in the mood for it.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

I love over the top technical death metal like this when I'm in the mood for it.
I do, too, but this ain't it. This is just a bunch of finger exercises, with moments of grind thrown in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i like this vids in certain approach as in sense of technicality... it matches todays band like psyopus and dying fetus but in a way more tech senses... and i know to play it is not easy and further more as a bass player ? is awesomeness !!

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, your old band was horrible with that shit. Bleah. Your newer stuff sounds much better.
Thanks again man :D Yeah, I was trying to push them in a technical-but-catchy-with-solid-songwriting direction but they wanted to go more crazy shred with occasional chugs (which is hilarious, because they're huge fans of Sikth and Protest The Hero, two bands that, in my opinion, do technical-yet-catchy with decent songwriting quite well). With my own solo stuff, it's mostly mellower stuff, but I've been really big into the idea of starting a new band with some old friends in a heavy-rock power-trio type of setup :yesway:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I really love over the top chaotic, jazzy, tech-death and everything... i still think Braindrill suck, altough - this song sounds a lot better than their previous record.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Fucking insane song.

I get a kick out of the fact they bothered trucking the powered mixer and monitors out there. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts