Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most vocals are done on this, got a few more harmonies we need to add, mainly to the chrouses. (Please ignore the one fake harmony during the first chorus...it was an experiment. :lol: ) And I still have not redone the solo as of yet, due to working on getting the rhythm tracks down for other songs. Once those are fixed I think this song will sound huge! Especially with more harmonies like the one right at the key change/lead break.

*Edit* If anyone has any harmony ideas, let me know. Especially things I wouldn't think of. At this point we're going to do more of the same, with one harmony, and then falsetto octave on the choruses (like the one epic one at the lead break).

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Making changes already! :lol: Fixed the solo(s) finally, and did a little more tweaking with the drums and the overall mix. Still don't have any automation going on yet. That should really bring everything out good.

http://soundcloud.com/7slinger/steel-the-south-to-no-avail-1

Need to turn the falsetto down a bit...

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
http://soundcloud.com/7slinger/tonoavailkeys1

Keys added as an experiment! I suck at keys, and my singer (the actual key player) will be redoing them. I've become extremely influenced by Bigelf, and am now adding keys to everything. :lol: We're also planning to do a similar live setup, we used to not have keys live period, so he could focus on stage presence/stage show, but the two keyboards on each side setup is a genius idea that lets him do both make the song sound huge and not lose any presence/stage show.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Muahuahuahuahua! :metal:

Sounds pretty good!

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Muahuahuahuahua! :metal:

Sounds pretty good!
Thanks man, no distorted b3 on this one obviously....the next track we're putting vocals on (after redoing the vocals on this one) will have an epic distorted B3 sound from hell though! :scream: :metal:

That was awesome :metal:

Your singer sounds like a cross between ozzy, zw, and layne :metal:
He can also do Halford falsetto! Theres some falsetto action in the background of the first big harmony at the key change. Im not happy with the vocals mix, the falsetto is staying in there, I want it to be clearly heard, but not be high in the mix? Not sure if that makes any sense! :lol: But I have not mixed that to my liking yet.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it :yesway: Mix is a little muddy, but not terrible.
I don't like it at all! :lol: I should hopefully have some real monitors soon and will be able to produce better mixes. I haven't really gotten extremely in depth with the mix either, it needs a lot of automation, especially on the keys. I'm going to wait until we have all the songs done to really set down and mix though so I am somewhat in the same mindset. I don't want the songs to sound identical, but I don't want to do something to one and not be able to do it to the second because I forget/don't remember how to do it. I surely have a WALL of VST's going on though. :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts