Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why I didn't get a road bike. What an awesome day out! Here's a couple of pics..

Taco all packed up and looking tree huggery:

And the state park that's about ~5 miles from my house:

The hybrid did pretty well! A little rough on some of the downhills and rocky parts since it has no suspension at all, but otherwise smooth riding. Everything shifts great and overall the bike is comfy as hell. :D

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Nice kick stand. Where's your basket? :D

Seriously, though. It is pretty fun, isn't it? Gonna head out here in a bit and hit up a trail down below my house. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the kick stand, it's a hell of a lot better than having to find something to lean it against. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
:lol:

Hey Chris... how do you like the hitch mount bike carrier? Does it feel pretty secure? Been thinking about one for my little truck cause if I want to carry 2 bikes, I'd have to take the topper off.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
So you just took your bike out to take pics of it in nature?

Congrats. :yesway:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
Hey, how do we move something to the Book of Epic Fail? This "Mountain Bike" has it's original reflectors, a kick stand and is missing clipless pedals (OEM ride my bike to grade school pedals w/o any clips are not clipless).

Oh, sorry, this a hybrid. Nevermind, I thought this was to be: :cassidy: or :flex: and not :bateman:

Ray

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had clipless pedals on my last bike. Fuck those things. :lol:

Why would you take reflectors off? I ride on the road. I want people to see me. GTFO. :fawk:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually have a strobe on the front and back already, but those are awesome looking. The video review isn't very positive though. :lol:

As a kid, I'd always take my reflectors and shit off. Ever since I started riding a motorcycle, all I want is to be seen. More reflectors the better, and the same with the kickstand. It weighs like a pound, and I weigh 220 lbs, so it's not like the fuckin' bike will be faster/better if I take it off.

This is my rear one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RYAKHC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The front is some LED thing. Neither is rechargeable, but they were both inexpensive, and take the same AAA batteries. I just carry a few spares in the bag and it's all good. I don't really use the front one, but I keep the rear one blinking every time I go out.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I actually have a strobe on the front and back already, but those are awesome looking. The video review isn't very positive though. :lol:

As a kid, I'd always take my reflectors and shit off. Ever since I started riding a motorcycle, all I want is to be seen. More reflectors the better, and the same with the kickstand. It weighs like a pound, and I weigh 220 lbs, so it's not like the fuckin' bike will be faster/better if I take it off.

This is my rear one:

Amazon.com: Planet Bike Blinky "3" 3-Led Rear Bicycle Light: Sports & Outdoors

The front is some LED thing. Neither is rechargeable, but they were both inexpensive, and take the same AAA batteries. I just carry a few spares in the bag and it's all good. I don't really use the front one, but I keep the rear one blinking every time I go out.
I hear ya. All I care about is the "legality" thing for riding at night. During the day, I just pop them off. :yesway:

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
I hear ya. All I care about is the "legality" thing for riding at night. During the day, I just pop them off. :yesway:
Yup. Little flashy thingies for night-riding, otherwise no 'flectors.

I had clipless pedals on my last bike. Fuck those things. :lol:
That's the only way to go. I haven't seriously ridden in years and I can still seriously impress my kids with the amount of vertical I can get.

Ray

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Only Chris would drive to a park 5 miles from his house so he could ride his bike to pose it for pictures.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts