Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Hey Brola, do you know if this is adding any extra tension to the trem? ie I run two noiseless springs on my floyd, will adding the Tremmory act like I've added a third?

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I do but it's for my Youtube members only because I'm an asshole that only cares about money... :D
ahh cool I don't have a problem with that. I've been thinking of becoming a paid friend for a while - this will give me an excuse to jump in :rofl:

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
Hey Brola, do you know if this is adding any extra tension to the trem? ie I run two noiseless springs on my floyd, will adding the Tremmory act like I've added a third?
It does get stiffer to whammy, I'm not generally a Floyd guy so I would probably see that as being a problem if you're only playing Floyds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ola / anyone who has used this.

Imagine you have your Floyd set up in standard tuning, you engage the Tremmory and use your fine tuner on the E to go to drop D tuning - what happens when you use the trem....does it come back in pitch?

I was kind of worried that the Tremmory would work with the bridge static or in standard tuning, but if you drop tuned it, as soon as you hit the bar all the strings might spread the tension and go out of tune?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ola / anyone who has used this.

Imagine you have your Floyd set up in standard tuning, you engage the Tremmory and use your fine tuner on the E to go to drop D tuning - what happens when you use the trem....does it come back in pitch?

I was kind of worried that the Tremmory would work with the bridge static or in standard tuning, but if you drop tuned it, as soon as you hit the bar all the strings might spread the tension and go out of tune?

Thanks,
Andy
Hey man! I got one yesterday to put on an Ibanez Az Mm1... I have some problems with tuning stability and cannot use the bar at all... everything goes flat... this is why I thought it could be a great ideia installing the tremmory.
I have to say that the double stop issue is really solved and you really can detune the low E to drop b without screwing the tuning but I still couldn’t manage to make the guitar not go flat after using the bar... it feels a little stiff when push downward the wammy bar... it’s not smooth like when you don’t have anything attached to the block of your bridge.
Maybe I have it installed wrong or something 🤔
In your case maybe it’ll work better than it worked for me because in your guitar you have double locking system. I think it’s a little to expensive but it really gives more stability so I think it worth.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts