Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which would compliment my MarkIV better?
I've played quite a few Roadsters but never a Tremoverb
besides the extra channels , tonally/gainwise is what's the diff?
I'm gasing for some Recto

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
:lol: As an aside, we need to get together for an amp shootout. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The Tremoverb has a different voicing from all the other Rectos, and if you are looking for that Recto sound, I'd go with the Roadster instead. The Tremoverb has a far more pronounced midrange.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: As an aside, we need to get together for an amp shootout. :yesway:
Any Sunday that you're free Drew just shoot me call
we get the benefit of amp shootout/pool party/B-B-Q
if you can drag your butt down to my house before the summers is over:)

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tremoverb has a different voicing from all the other Rectos, and if you are looking for that Recto sound, I'd go with the Roadster instead. The Tremoverb has a far more pronounced midrange.
I'm thinking that may not be a bad thing, but then again I haven't had the chance to play thru one, I may think it sounds "neutered" compared to a Roadster

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got outbid on the Tremoverb anyway so that one is gone :rofl:
How's the Roadster at " home volume "levels?
My Rectoverb was not a home friendly amp ..........at all
but I thought I saw Drew post something somewhere that the roadster
was more home friendly?
My 6505+ is surprisingly a really good low volume amp (I use a hotplate with it too but only at -4dbs). If I pick up a roadster (or a Tremoverb) the 6505+ is going to go.
Justin you had a JSX , I thought that amp was really "home friendly" how
dow you find the Roadster in comparison?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
...but I thought I saw Drew post something somewhere that the roadster
was more home friendly?.
Shockingly so. Honestly, I don't even really NEED the Hot Plate, I just use it because it's a little easier to get the amp down to (literally) whisper quiet volumes for, say, midnight or 7AM practice when the roommates are sleeping (and even then I probably would be fine without).

It's absurd - sure, it gets better as it gets louder, but it sounds perfectly fine at low volumes.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I find the roadster home friendly as well. I'm actually using it in my room right now :lol:.

You can get decent tones out of it at talking volume, and of course if you can stretch just past that then it sweetens up a little bit. I don't have any gripes about using it at home, and if you run it in spongy mode it's a little quieter, so you can (sort of?) push it more in that power setting.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmmmmmm...............looks like I need to keep my eyes open
and score one of these then. I don't think the Tremoverb is as "home friendly" then,
I know someone that had one a while back and he got rid of it becuase
of how loud it was.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
If you put a wanted ad with what you want to pay, you should be good. I paid $1600 for mine in brand new condition, and a week or two after I bought it I got an email from someone else willing to sell one for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts