Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Are some of the best and most inventive on the Death Metal scene today.

A lot of guys (including myself in the past) are more worried about looking cool than admitting that BDM is one of the best, most consistent DM bands on the scene. Its a shame that they have one of the worst fanbases ever.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts

This was the first BDM song I ever heard. It was on a sampler CD in some magazine I picked up. One of the first bands I got into with "heavier" vocals. Good times!

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
It's a shame that they're so frowned upon by the "true metal community". Even when I was super into knowing all the unknown to anyone bands, I had to admit that I loved BDM. Nocturnal is just such a good album, along with what I've heard the the more recent releases. Whenever I see an interview of them, or read that blog or whatever that Trevor has, all I can think of is how metal they are. :lol:

Also, to the matter at hand, Trevor's lyrics are indeed awesome.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nocturnal is actually the weakest of the last three IMO. It has some killer songs, like Deathmask Divine, and What A Horrible Night... but Deflorate and Ritual are both way better as albums.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't dislike Black Dahlia Murder, I just resent that they took all the available At The Gates influence and now anyone who writes riffs like that gets accused of stealing it from Black Dahlia Murder. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts