Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

From their FB Page:

Mercuriall Audio announces new plugin "ReAxis".

ReAxis is a VST/AU/AAX plugin that models MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ (rev. TX5A) preamp, two power amps, four guitar cabinets and three microphones, a Wah-Wah based on Dunlop® 535Q, several overdrive pedals and a set of the most common spatial effects.

The sound of ReAxis is based on preamps of popular MESA/Boogie® amps, such as Mark I™, Mark IIC+™ and Mark IV™.

One of the most interesting features of ReAxis: it is compatible with Triaxis™ presets! Which means you can load Triaxis™ presets directly into ReAxis and even export them back.

ReAxis includes further achievements in the field of real-time electric circuits modeling. A lot of algorithms have been reworked and improved. With the help of a tube curve tracer each preamp tube got its "personal" mathematical model.

The user interface of ReAxis continues our approach of simple usability at no expense to a wide functionality.

ReAxis is planned to be released in Q4 2017.

Price:

$89.99 Software will be available for download at our website Mercuriall Audio Software

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Eh, honestly, the LePou Lexcto model set for a not-super-saturated midrangey sound is good enough for Mesa leads that I don't really have any interest in spending money on something else (though, the fact that my Roadster is better than either seals the deal).

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Mercurial ReAxis (TriAxis emulator plugin)

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Eh, honestly, the LePou Lexcto model set for a not-super-saturated midrangey sound is good enough for Mesa leads that I don't really have any interest in spending money on something else (though, the fact that my Roadster is better than either seals the deal).
Drew, the gap in quality from LePou to the Mercurial software is simply night and day. The Engl one sounds like you have a Powerball recording right there.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Having never played (or even knowingly heard) a Triaxis, how would one describe the tone, comparing it to other Mesa products? Rectifier, Mark series etc... which is it closer to, or is it it's own thing?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Drew, the gap in quality from LePou to the Mercurial software is simply night and day. The Engl one sounds like you have a Powerball recording right there.
Yeah, but for a guy with a Roadster sitting right next to his computer, a "good enough" Recto sound - which the Lecto certainly is, I think it probably helps with the realism that I just use a lot less gain than you do - is really all I care about.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Sorry, meant like a free trial. I know some companies offer trials of their VSTs with either occasional volume mutes or gimped features.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah they offer free trials on their other VSts, sounds fades on Spark demo for about 1-2 secs (like every 2 min or more) but we can play with everything. On the older Engl Preamp vst 80% of the features were locked unless you had the Computer Music Demo that came on a CD.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Yeah, but for a guy with a Roadster sitting right next to his computer, a "good enough" Recto sound - which the Lecto certainly is, I think it probably helps with the realism that I just use a lot less gain than you do - is really all I care about.
I hear you. Right now I feel like I have all the recto sounds in the world, and have been gassing for a Mark. This will do for sure, I loved my old TriAxis. I might even do the unthinkable and run this out to my recto's power section and see how it sounds through a 4x12. Excited! :vince:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Having never played (or even knowingly heard) a Triaxis, how would one describe the tone, comparing it to other Mesa products? Rectifier, Mark series etc... which is it closer to, or is it it's own thing?
As far as I know it has iic+ and Mark Iv tones on there. Version 2 also had a recto red channel preamp.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because they are still expensive. There's two for sale in Portugal but the prices vary between 700 and 1000 euros.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts