Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the windows one. You can theme the shit out of it and get it all sleek like.

I tried it, you can tell it's new - not many features, etc. Sticking with Adium for now but will keep an eye on it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Seriously, you're doing windows wrong apparently. I'm not against Macs, but I've also never had the problems and shit that you have. Fagatron :wub:
Admittedly, I ran Trillian back in 2000, on a 450MHz P2, with 128mb RAM, running Win98SE. Two Ton Titty Face :wub:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I guess I'm not a hardcore IM'er, but I don't see the point. I use AIM all day long just fine in one window on iChat, and XMPP windows (both chat room in individual) in other windows. Video/voice works great over XMPP. iChat works fine, and I don't have to install anything. Adium is nice too, but I don't need it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'm not a hardcore IM'er, but I don't see the point. I use AIM all day long just fine in one window on iChat, and XMPP windows (both chat room in individual) in other windows. Video/voice works great over XMPP. iChat works fine, and I don't have to install anything. Adium is nice too, but I don't need it.
This is why. I have IM up most of the day, to shoot the shit with people while I work/fuck around at home. It's not like I'm going to hop in an XMPP chat with 12 different people that I know from internet forums.

You really can't compare the two.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
This is why. I have IM up most of the day, to shoot the shit with people while I work/fuck around at home. It's not like I'm going to hop in an XMPP chat with 12 different people that I know from internet forums.

You really can't compare the two.
For one to one, how's it better than iChat though? What's it do? I'm being serious, I don't get why another client is necessary for that.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
There's the reason right there for Trillian.
Adium can connect to those other services, just as Trillian. I guess I shouldn't knock Trillian before I try it again. It's just that, Adium does the job, I don't need to check it out :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts