Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me put it this way... It exceeded my expectations and matched my hope. Dare I say movie of the year, even over Inception. Best sequel I have ever seen. Go see it. Immediately.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I'll make my own opinion but every critic i've read is pretty bad... I'll go and check it in Imax 3d for sure.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yeah, I really doubt this is movie-of-the-year material. It might be good, but the trailer looks kind of so-so (I definitely doubt this is "better than Inception") and every review I've seen so far has given it a bad rating or a mediocre rating.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:shrug: I honestly could care less what reviewers say, I saw it and thought it was incredible.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
:shrug: I honestly could care less what reviewers say, I saw it and thought it was incredible.
I agree. Saw it at midnight in IMAX 3d. Yeah, it might be lacking in some story telling aspects, but the movie is just downright enjoyable. I expected it to suck, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

Jeff Bridges amused the heck out of me, and Michael Sheen was great. Wish he would have had a larger part. Oh, and the Daft Punk music was great... and this is coming from someone who hates electronic music.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. Saw it at midnight in IMAX 3d. Yeah, it might be lacking in some story telling aspects, but the movie is just downright enjoyable. I expected it to suck, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

Jeff Bridges amused the heck out of me, and Michael Sheen was great. Wish he would have had a larger part. Oh, and the Daft Punk music was great... and this is coming from someone who hates electronic music.
Agreed, music was actually pretty awesome.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Like I said, I'll will see it for sure and make my own opinion, but when thre's a heavy tendency in reviews, it says something. I've had images from Tron as desktops on my Mac for a year now so I can't wait to see it. :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I really want to see this, hopefully I can pull it off soon. I've often found I really like films panned by the critics, since I don't have my head up my arse sniffing pretentious bullshit

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
We're making plans to go see this over the holidays.

I could honestly care less what reviewers say about movies.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
If the same reviewers that loved the hell out of Avatar & Twilight hate this movie, then that's good enough for me to want to see this movie.

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Trailer and word-of-mouth usually does me. But my first impressions are: Original Tron = Awesome. Any sequel = shit capitalisation on something that was actually good, usually way off the mark of the original point.

With that in mind, I hope to be impressed, but expect to be disappointed.

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Speaking of which, just watched the trailer and I'm in doubt already. As I thought the original point, along with the retro VR has been replaced with all out Hollywood CGi. It no longer looks like sprite representations of the player (albeit lead role was supposedly digitised into the game), but more of a Star Trek Holodeck - meets - Ironman.

I'm thinking meh.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking of which, just watched the trailer and I'm in doubt already. As I thought the original point, along with the retro VR has been replaced with all out Hollywood CGi. It no longer looks like sprite representations of the player (albeit lead role was supposedly digitised into the game), but more of a Star Trek Holodeck - meets - Ironman.

I'm thinking meh.
you haven't seen it!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
If it turns out being bad, it still seems awesome to watch in true 3D. I saw the preview when watching another 3D movie and was impressed.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts