Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying out the new sim from LePou plug-ins based on a Dual Rectifier. It's incredibly... recto-y :lol: This isn't anything to do with band stuff, just a few riffs I knocked together... badly. Played around with different drum sounds etc too, to get a really heavy death kinda vibe.

Here's a clip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/LeCto.mp3

And here's the signal chain (minus the impulses, because there are "settings" so I thought it was irrelevant), but it was two different Mesa 4x12 impulses, one per side, quad tracked.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dudes :scream:

That`s a crushing sound. What Guitar/Pups are you using to ?
LTD M-307 with EMG 81-7 and 60-7. I love this guitar, and these pickups!

:eek:

I listened to the clip on my phone. I didn't realize there were software ampsims out there that sound THAT good.
There is these days man! I still think the best is Peavey ReValver, but these free ones are a fantastic close second. The problem is most people's perspective of amp modelling is from Line 6 gear, which is horribly out dated and is being surpassed by people making sims for a hobby :nuts:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drop them in your VST plugins folder, which should be c:/program files/vst plugins, or /reaper (or whatever it's called)/vst plugins

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not up yet because it's just the beta test, but you can get it from the LeCto thread on the Sneap forum, but just in case you don't go there, or can't be bothered, just click here

I never got on with the TSE, it was too fluffy/woolly/undefined for my tastes, but it would be nice for leads I think.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
It's not up yet because it's just the beta test, but you can get it from the LeCto thread on the Sneap forum, but just in case you don't go there, or can't be bothered, just click here

I never got on with the TSE, it was too fluffy/woolly/undefined for my tastes, but it would be nice for leads I think.
I could have found it, but thanks for saving me the effort. :metal:

This is going onto my External HD ov VST! :lol: Which is 76 GB's worth of VST's and Impulses.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
76Gb, holy fuck :lol: Tbh though I've nearly filled my secondary 125Gb drive, but about 80Gb of that is DFHS and Metal Foundry.
Mine should be over that, closer to 100+ GB but I accidentally installed Superior Drummer/Metal Foundry on my computer rather than on the harddrive, need to fix that soon. After my last computer's harddrive died, I went out and bought a 300 GB external HD and this is where my plugins will live from now on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.