Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a tonebone one, but it produced massive high pitched microphonics when plugged into recording rig (the torpedo).

However, I get the feeling this might have been due to using a step down transformer with it, and not a straight adapter.

So, I kind of want another one, and have seen the palmer tino, which is cheaper, and it's palmer, and palmer make good stuff.

Before i make a decision though, anyone know of any other tube head switchers out there? Kind of looking in the price range of the Tino/Tonebone, so nothing that is hugely mroe expensive than that.

Also, if anyone has any experience with the tino, is it any good?

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooh! good shout! I'd forgotten about that one, think that may well be dead one what I'm looking for, and it's priced well as well.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Has anyone played the Mesa? I'm thinking of grabbing one - I have a Roadster head with a Mark-V head sitting on top of it, and the Mark is running into my cab and the Roadster isn't plugged into anything, and switching my delay and speaker cable (which since the amp is in a corner and against a wall takes some doing) is more trouble than it's usually worth. To be able to switch between the two with the push of a button and not need separate delays (though, balancing the two heads might take some finesse) would be pretty cool and I might actually find myself playing my Roadster more often.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Has anyone played the Mesa? I'm thinking of grabbing one - I have a Roadster head with a Mark-V head sitting on top of it, and the Mark is running into my cab and the Roadster isn't plugged into anything, and switching my delay and speaker cable (which since the amp is in a corner and against a wall takes some doing) is more trouble than it's usually worth. To be able to switch between the two with the push of a button and not need separate delays (though, balancing the two heads might take some finesse) would be pretty cool and I might actually find myself playing my Roadster more often.
Yup. Works as advertised.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That ain't cheap :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
$400. Cheap compared to the two amps it would be feeding. :lol:
You could get another 4x12 for that, and have glorious stereo!

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I mean that's the same price as decent attenuators so seems alright to me, I've got too many heads though :lol: I will stick with the manual approach.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That's why I don't need one. I've already got two Mesa cabs, so the other buffered switcher they're doing is a cheaper and more versatile (for my needs) solution.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I already have a 2x12 not currently hooked up to anything. I'd just rather be able to run them both through the same cab and not have to re-mic a different cab every time I switched amps. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I also have the Radial unit, but want the Mesa one!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Man ive been waiting for a product like that Mesa one for years. Ive always wanted to go from my gain channels on my 6505 and use my Bugera's 333xl's Clean and still keep the fx loop. This would work perfectly. That price though.... Ill wait till I can snag one on the used market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts