Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been debating selling my 300 watt tube works head. Its hard to find many like mine to gauge a price on. Mine has nice tweed tolex, most the ones Ive seen were carpeted and lower wattage. Ive found the bass head which is 300watts but not any guitar amps. Mine has 300 watts on the back, and its definitely a guitar head with the b.k. butler tube driver circuit in the gain channel. It is very loud. It has 2x 12ax7 just like the tube driver in the preamp.I have just did a pot cleaning on all the pots as well and they are all smooth and not crackling. I was hoping maybe some people in here might know what a good asking price is for it if I do decide to sell it. I may just keep it and run my MH into the fx loop with 4x12 if I end up needing the volume if they arent worth much.

6505 mh.1.jpg Tube works.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I used to have a MosValve 500 power amp. It was deadly with the TriAxis out front :D

Price... well, if it's a rare item (it is), then you can pretty much name your price :yesway:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Man that thing ruled for classic metal and rock tunes, and was loud as hell. It's why I got the Poweramp I use now, and that cab was and still is a killer.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Man that thing ruled for classic metal and rock tunes, and was loud as hell. It's why I got the Poweramp I use now, and that cab was and still is a killer.
Yeah. *My* old power amp. :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Shit... I might buy that back Dave if you don't find anyone. Few people know about them and I like it that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts