Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you may remember this geet I built in August last year:

Anyway, I'm constantly having to retune this thing every time I play and I'm not sure what's going on. Although I know Kahlers are known to be a bit iffy in terms of returning to pitch, I'm having this issue while the bridge is in the locked position. I keep it in the attic (where I have all my gear) and although temperatures have been pretty all over the place (it's not well insulated), it doesn't seem to have affected my other guitars.
Does anyone have any ideas about what could be going on? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Check the neck relief each time it's out of tune… maybe the neck is moving around a lot if the temperature and humidity are fluctuating a lot? With Kahlers, you also need to be sure that all of the rollers are lubricated.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the neck relief each time it's out of tune… maybe the neck is moving around a lot if the temperature and humidity are fluctuating a lot? With Kahlers, you also need to be sure that all of the rollers are lubricated.
I'll have a look at that. And I hadn't even considered lubricating the rollers! Looked at a few online guides but I can't seem to work out whether to oil the grooves or where they turn. :scratch: Cheers for the heads up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts