Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I'm not a Dream Theater fan, nor am I going to Google it, but is Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence really broken into eight parts? If so, then that's awful.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHM500 AU-OBIGO/Q04C1-1.17_PRE_1 MMP/2.0)

Sort of. It's 8 tracks on the CD, but it all flows together.
I imagine it all flows together since Dream Theater are good at concept albums - but seriously! SIX Degrees of Inner Turbulence in EIGHT parts?! Assholes.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I imagine it all flows together since Dream Theater are good at concept albums - but seriously! SIX Degrees of Inner Turbulence in EIGHT parts?! Assholes.
The album is about 6 different kinds of mental illnesses. And actually there's the first disc which has 5 songs and then the second disc with "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The first disc of 6DOIT was pretty good, but the second disc is pretty much where DT started on the downward slope, IMHO. It has its moments, but the cheez factor is off the charts in other parts.

·
Volvo Mis-Enthusiast
800 Posts
Great album, cool to hear a cover of it... :hsquid:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
This is kind of neat. Too bad the audio is horrible, and too bad it's only the second disc. I kind of wanted to hear them do The Glass Prison.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ Yeah, that would have been cool.

Personally, I thought "Overture" and "About To Crash" were really cool, and I checked out parts of the rest and the overall arrangement was really well done, but I really only like parts of that album anyways :lol:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I'm sitting at work at the moment, but I'm really excited to hear this when I get home. I can respect why some people won't like SDOIT, but the song itself is one of my all-time favorites.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts