·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there ANY tutorials on Youtube about metal guitar tones that is NOT:

1. Down tuned death metal
2. Djent
3. Sounds shit

Just a good HEAVY METAL GUITAR TONE TUTORIAL in STANDARD E how hard should it be for somebody to do that?

Everything is just that low tuned stuff and that doesn't help me one bit :noway:

If I would need a downtuned tone then I wouldn't have so much problem

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
This thread is like a land mine next to a neon sign that is flashing STEP HERE FOR A PRIZE!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
You DO have good guitar tone, dude. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Longshot, but how hot are you tracking?

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
tone is in the fingers man,

go chop off someones fingers with better tone than you

now your tone is better than theirs because they don't have fingers.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Rocka, you’re on fucking crack buddy. :lol:

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I'd say that all the records you own that have your favorite guitar tones on them, those are your tutorials.

Do you use a reference track when you mix? I'm not sure if you've said it before or not. When you're A/B'ing your own song with one of your favorite mixed/produced songs, it's a lot easier to see where the differences are. Just load up one of your favorite tunes, or a song you want to achieve a similar mix to in your DAW, when you compare it, make sure you shut off everything in your Master/Stereo bus as far as plug-ins and start tweaking your own tune until it matches your reference tune closer and closer.

Also, watch some episodes and videos from Pensado's Place on the youtubez. https://www.youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace
They have interviews with most of the big mix engineers/producers. There's YEARS of insight and opinion given in those vids.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Guitars? Nothing goes red.

And I only record DI tracks so it's not like I can do much wrong in that department.
The waveforms are sort of in the middle in volume, or below middle.
Try tracking nothing hotter than -12db peak and let me know how it goes. Not just guitars, EVERYTHING.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Actually I think most my stuff is around there.
Most drums are replaced with samples but overheads and stuff are never going into red
It's less going into the red, so much as not even getting close to the yellow. -12db is solidly in the green.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts