Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best? I've got a 40" Samsung that needs to go on the wall... maybe... when I get around to it... :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Monoprice is where I buy all of mine. I've got the bathroom one on an extension arm so I can rearrange depending on if I'm pooping or showering.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Depending on how fancy you want it to be, ICW makes some fantastic quality mounts though they are a bit more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Yeah and for the price you can't beat it. Someone said something about drywall anchors... do not mount your tv into drywall anchors. Use a studfinder and a drill, and anchor the TV into the studs like you're supposed to.

The level is the most important thing too. If you're off by even the slightest amount, you will develop a strong case of OCD quickly.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah and for the price you can't beat it. Someone said something about drywall anchors... do not mount your tv into drywall anchors. Use a studfinder and a drill, and anchor the TV into the studs like you're supposed to.

The level is the most important thing too. If you're off by even the slightest amount, you will develop a strong case of OCD quickly.
Vince is wise. Definitely don't mount your TV to drywall anchors. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Those Cheetahs come with instructions that specifically state to mount to studs only. I don't know why that has to be said. :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Those Cheetahs come with instructions that specifically state to mount to studs only. I don't know why that has to be said. :lol:
C'mon man, this day and age. You are surprised by this? :lol:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
And don't trust the built in level in the wall mount. I got a very similar one to the cheetah from a UK company. Came to about $15 including shipping. Really sturdy mount but it's built in level was SO off it was unusable when I stood back and had a proper look at it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't even like hanging pictures with drywall anchors :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts