Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Twitch Bans Dragonforce’s Guitarist HermanLi for Playing his own Music on Stream

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Hellion 
#1 ·
"Speculation though, is that the artist has been banned as part of the new wave of DMCA strikes that have been sweeping across Twitch. As a musical streamer, DMCA makes the lives of musicians particularly difficult. Many have and may be banned in the future due to these new regulations - even if they are playing their own music."

"This is just a speculation but could very well be the reason for the ban. Herman's own music was previously claimed on YouTube before so it would not be uncommon for such a thing to happen on Twitch as well."

We are heading for such a SHITTY World that I'm kinda glad I'm an almost old fart by now (well I am but i pretend I'm not) so I wont have to deal with this for much longer but I really pity the younger generations.. We dont own anything, we "rent" everything but we pay like if we own it. Even worse seems we dont even Own what is OURS anymore. Fucking Algorithms are really fuckign everything up... its like a Witch Hunt sweeping all across "Social Media".

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/10/...gD0sMEZ5HeaGsMuQbC4rQDr04ji6KRvkk3DA5L1iB_aUg

#2 ·
Basically,

:dgaf:

But, I’m all for enforcing copyright. The rules/law have always been there but now we have a proliferation of automated tools looking for violations. The only part I would like to see changed would be situations like Herman’s where he is, indeed, the creator of the content being speculated as infringed. How you work that exception into these automated tools? I have no idea..

#4 ·
Basically,

:dgaf:

But, I'm all for enforcing copyright. The rules/law have always been there but now we have a proliferation of automated tools looking for violations. The only part I would like to see changed would be situations like Herman's where he is, indeed, the creator of the content being speculated as infringed. How you work that exception into these automated tools? I have no idea..
You dont use Bots until you figure it out. Its very simple actually.

I got recently banned from posting on FB for 3 days for a simple joke/day to day common chat between me and a female friend. I said to her: You know men are stupid so take advantage.

3 days ban for HATE Speech, No chance to even explain.

Any human for more RETARDED he/she could be would totally see the meaning of my sentence. It was a sentence among other pieces of text. But BOTS cant decipher that can they?

Meanwhile if I posted a video of some fucking retard with an automatic gun opening fire on crowds nothing would have happened...

#10 ·
Twitch? WTF is that?

Edit: nevermind Googled it....he play video games or something? I don't get it.

#15 ·
twitch is just a streaming platform. you can stream anything you want. Video games are just what gets streamed the most. theres streams of cooking, making music, people just walking around streaming their personality while they travel or world or even just go grocery shopping. people will watch all kinds of weird shit and Twitch lets them do it live.

#12 ·
Im not a Dragonforce fan by any means but i have caught a couple of the youtube videos yanked from their twitch streams.
I was quite surprised by his Write a Nightwish song in 10 min where him and Sam actually do it and it sounds more Nightwish than Nightwish. :rofl:

#14 ·
I wonder how Matt Heafy (Trivium dude) has managed to get away with it for so long. The guy does play-throughs of Trivium stuff all the time, including a stream of him doing their latest album in it’s entirety right around the day it came out.

Devin Townsend has done it a bunch as well, he’ll just take requests while streaming. Wouldn’t be the first time he’s gotten in ‘trouble’ though, he’s pissed off his own label several times by posting material before it was OK’d by TPTB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.