Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Sonically authentic distillations :yesway:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Sonically authentic distillations :yesway:
Perfect. :lol:

And the Atari logo is worth paying for alone. Not sure about the rest of what they're distilling...

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
When the price of a single pedal is almost a full FX gigable unit... I wonder who are the suckers that still fall for this... No I dont believe it sounds better or even that it will be much better than what an Helix Stomp will mimic.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
When the price of a single pedal is almost a full FX gigable unit... I wonder who are the suckers that still fall for this... No I dont believe it sounds better or even that it will be much better than what an Helix Stomp will mimic.
Clearly you have not caught on to UA's business model yet.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Huge UA fan here. Have their hardware and a bunch of their plugins.

A) That's not actually out of line with what other companies are charging. Too rich for my blood, but UA is a top company. Strymon charges around that. If $399 for a premium brand's pedal seems high, you haven't been following the modern pedal market at all. :lol:

B) UA is one of the oldest brand outs there in audio. :lol: Educate yo'selves fools. Half of their purist distillations are based on analog stuff they already built. It's not a new foray into analog gear, they are one of the oldest companies building analog gear in the business. Most of it was just in rackmount format.

Personally not knowing about UA's history is fine. But people should look shit up before, "ANOTHER NEWFANGLED DJENT COMPANY HOPPING ON THE CASH IN BANDWAGON". :lol:

UA's pricing is justified IMO. Analog or digital. Although from what I understand this is actually a digital unit with a processor inside. Their analog stuff is iconic. Look up 1176 if that number doesn't ring any bells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1176_Peak_Limiter

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
If Mesa was asking $399 we all know half this site would be clamoring with, "WHAT A DEAL, STEAL OF THE CENTURY, FROM SUCH A RESPECTED COMPANY WITH A STORIED HISTORY. SUCH A LOW PRICE IS BASICALLY SAINT LIKE CHARITY. GET THE FUCKING POPE ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW. WE ARE FLYING TO VATICAN CITY WITH THIS.".

UA was founded like two decades+ before Mesa and has way more cred as pioneers in the field of analog audio gear. Learn some history yo. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Guitarists are gullible fucking idiots who are a step away from literally believing magic exists when it comes to electronics. This is why 400 types of Tubescreamer exist, and why people will pay £250 for a capacitor from the 50's when a Chinese-made £0.05p cap is infinitely better.

So long as cork-sniffing morons exist, companies like UA will offer pretty unremarkable stuff with questionable marketing language at hyper-inflated prices. I ain't even mad.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I was recently upgrading my soundcard and was leaning heavily towards UA, then 7DT told me all the problems he has with their drivers shitting the bed very couple of weeks. Went another way and I'm very glad I did.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
A) That's not actually out of line with what other companies are charging. Too rich for my blood, but UA is a top company. Strymon charges around that. If $399 for a premium brand's pedal seems high, you haven't been following the modern pedal market at all. :lol:
You misspelled "cork-sniffing distillation" so I fixed it for ya.

A) That's not actually out of line with what other companies are charging. Too rich for my blood, but UA is a top company. Strymon charges around that. If $399 for a cork-sniffing distillation seems high, you haven't been following the modern pedal market at all. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If Mesa was asking $399 we all know half this site would be clamoring with, "WHAT A DEAL, STEAL OF THE CENTURY, FROM SUCH A RESPECTED COMPANY WITH A STORIED HISTORY. SUCH A LOW PRICE IS BASICALLY SAINT LIKE CHARITY. GET THE FUCKING POPE ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW. WE ARE FLYING TO VATICAN CITY WITH THIS.".
Acckkkkkkktualllllllllllyyyyy

"They do seem a bit overpriced, though." - Drew
"I feel like they cost a little too much but they are something I'm very interested in." - BBM

Gentlehands said:
Learn some history yo. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Yeah, most of us know who UA is - it's hard to be involved in any sort of recording without at least having heard of them - and, to my knowledge, this is their first foray into guitar stuff.

It just seems like a "hey, we're not in the market, let's pile on!" move.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, most of us know who UA is - it's hard to be involved in any sort of recording without at least having heard of them - and, to my knowledge, this is their first foray into guitar stuff.

It just seems like a "hey, we're not in the market, let's pile on!" move.
I mean, the UA Ox is in every YouTuber/cork-sniffer video on top of the mandatory stack of amps in the background these days. Seems like they've got the marketing all figured out.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I haven't seen the Ox in many cork sniffer videos. Besides, there is also a Mesa 2:90 visible in Brian Tatlers setup, the greatest of all poweramps.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Guitarists are gullible fucking idiots who are a step away from literally believing magic exists when it comes to electronics. This is why 400 types of Tubescreamer exist, and why people will pay £250 for a capacitor from the 50's when a Chinese-made £0.05p cap is infinitely better.

So long as cork-sniffing morons exist, companies like UA will offer pretty unremarkable stuff with questionable marketing language at hyper-inflated prices. I ain't even mad.
QFT.

Pedal guys are the worst out of everything that exists with being snobby about.

BOSS will forever be kings along with MXR.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts