Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BACKGROUND
hal sinden (vocals) & joe butterworth (drums) from interlock have formed a new band since the split. both have experience as signed artists and have toured the UK & US extensively as well as having performed at european festivals, with a number of internationally distributed releases to date. the new band sees hal transferring to vocals & guitar and joe playing the new oil tanker-size drum kit from his recent mapex endorsement. also recruited are rick from akrylic spike project on keys / samples and duff from no heroes on bass. talanas is based in london, although several members travel in from outside the capital.

STYLES / INFLUENCES
- influences include: gojira, morbid angel, aborted, meshuggah, jeff loomis, behemoth, stam1na, mudvayne, porcupine tree, akercocke etc.
- there is existent material which is currently being developed but input at this stage is very welcome
- the general style is progressive death metal (sound also includes clean vocals, keys & samples)

CURRENT / FUTURE PLANS
- the band have a slot each week at berry street studio in central london from friday 6pm until saturday 9am, this includes practice space, storage and full use of recording facilities
- currently, practices run from 7pm until 10pm every friday
- recording for first promo is penciled for jan '09 at berry street with production from nathanael underwood (dam, candlelight records)
- label negotiations to follow with managerial representation from eulogy media ltd.
- 1st album to be recorded ASAP
- touring tentatively scheduled for early summer '09

REQUIREMENTS
- own equipment essential, but currently there is an amp available for practice at the studio
- 7 string guitar (tuned as D standard with extra low A string)
- ability for leadwork preferable
- strong stage presence
- regular funds for upkeep of studio (this is an equally shared cost amongst all members)
- time / practice commitment (things are flexible at this stage, but will inevitably tighten)

www.myspace.com/talanas
[email protected]

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fuck. Move to America, dude. :wub:

EDIT - and move to a new forum. :wub:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
OK, I'll put my head on the block...:lol:

There are some samples of my playing (mainly acoustic and lead stuff) on my soundclick page. There should be some more polished, heavy stuff on there soon.:)

If you wanna get together at some point and see if things work out, hit me with a PM, as I desperately need something that isn't studying to concentrate on at the moment, or I'll go insane...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuck. Move to America, dude. :wub:

EDIT - and move to a new forum. :wub:
aye, and to think it was once actually a consideration to move out there!

new forum? nah, i'm happy with my subscription to mustardenemafun.com, i just come here for the free pr0n.

by the way, apologies for the wrongly placed posting, i was glossing over things and couldn't find a musicians classified section. cheers for re-directing.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I'll put my head on the block...:lol:

There are some samples of my playing (mainly acoustic and lead stuff) on my soundclick page. There should be some more polished, heavy stuff on there soon.:)

If you wanna get together at some point and see if things work out, hit me with a PM, as I desperately need something that isn't studying to concentrate on at the moment, or I'll go insane...
right you are, chap. and thank you for posting.

some metal samples would be nifty so i can show stuff to the lads, we've currently already got one guy potentially trying out in the next week or so but we're keeping things open of course.

nice one man.

H

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Coolios!:)

I'll get some stuff sorted out as quickly as possible (I've got the flat to myself tomorrow, so hopefully I can get something online by tomorrow evening). I'll let you know as soon as it's sorted.\m/

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
by the way, apologies for the wrongly placed posting, i was glossing over things and couldn't find a musicians classified section. cheers for re-directing.
That's because it didn't exist when you posted. :lol: We sort of forgot to make one.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's because it didn't exist when you posted. :lol: We sort of forgot to make one.

this is mavis.

i told mavis about your 'oversight'.

mavis is not at all impressed and i believe she's going to tell her tuesday night bridge club about it, and at some length. she good at that, mavis.

IF i discover that the three-armed bastard lovechild of jeff loomis and chris broderick glossed over the rest of the forum (using 2 keyboards, because he can) on the first day that i posted my thread, thereby completely missing my advert... i'm telling mum.

by the way, said lovechild is called derek. he doesn't like people calling him it, but it's his real name. he prefers zane.

TOLD.

H

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol:

He sure told me... :ugh:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just thought i might add this that'll be on our myspace etc soon, to close the matter:

NEW GUITARIST CONFIRMED

we'd like to thank all who applied for the position and those we've interviewed, it's been great to see the range of people and levels of skill shown. however, at the end of the day one person has to be chosen, so now we present to you...

ewan parry

an ex-bandmate of joe's from ages past, ewan has truly blown us all away with his work on his one-man project sredni vashtar, not to mention the speed with which he's already picked up our current material. we're all really looking forward to working with him and seeing where his involvement will take the sound of what's to come for talanas, not to mention testing his tolerance to various severely out-of-date condiments. plus, as seen with joe here - he's well metal, too.

H

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Congrats :metal:

He looks about 15 though :lol:

[shameless plug]Know any drummers?[/shameless plug]

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats :metal:

He looks about 15 though :lol:

[shameless plug]Know any drummers?[/shameless plug]
yeah, he really does, doesn't he? phenomenal player though, and oddly around the same age as us (was the year below joe in school).

drummers? nah, i've nabbed the only one i'll work with.

H

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Awesome news!

Looking forward to hearing the new material!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts