Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got LONG days at school with absolutely no breaks this semester, so im looking for more portable means for food. With my bag, PBnJ is not portable enough, it gets smooshed. Im looking for more things along the lines of beef jerky and granola bars that i can make at home.

Anyone have any great ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Nuts and dried fruit hold up really well. Plus they are pretty good for you.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
:barf: I wouldn't want anyone to eat MRE's on regular basis. Let's just say you'll be shitting bricks.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
My brother and his friend (who was signed up for Marines at the time) used to get MREs all the time from the recruiters, and while eating a Steak and Mushroom (think that's what it was) he would eat it straight from the package; then whenever the shitty mushrooms came down, he move the package and just let em fall out. Was hysterical to watch :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The best part of MRE's is the mysterious, science-defying automatic water boiling packet. :lol:

·
IN THE FAAACE!
1,247 Posts
I'd rather starve than eat MREs. I have a whole pile of them sitting in my closet :lol:

I just took all the heaters out to make MRE bombs :yesway:

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Hey, the salisbury steak ones are pretty good! :lol:
True. But I've eaten before for about 6 weeks straight. I swore I would never by choice eat em again. Now of course the world is ending or I gotta invade another country then perhaps.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Protein bars, for sure. I used to keep those in my desk at work, I'm gonna start stocking them in my backpack now that I'm back into weight lifting.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
FYI, protein bars are full of fat. 80% of them are shit for you, make shakes instead and take those with you.
This is kinda true. Not necessarily that all of them are full of fat, but I wouldn't recommend these over any type of quality protein shake. They really are loaded up with a bunch of junk that you don't need.

I would suggest, like Darren said, a hard container for a sandwich, definitely some nuts, maybe carrots, fruit, raw veggies.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
FYI, protein bars are full of fat. 80% of them are shit for you, make shakes instead and take those with you.
Have you seen Max? He can afford a few extra calories. Of course shakes would be best BUt a protein bar or two arent too bad.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
True. But I've eaten before for about 6 weeks straight. I swore I would never by choice eat em again. Now of course the world is ending or I gotta invade another country then perhaps.
Keep them with your zombie apocalypse survival kit.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Peanut butter hard granola bars... I always used to take those to college. Cinnamon ones and raisin ones were good too, but the peanut butter ones were my favorite.

My mom gave me protein bars to take with me, but I really didn't like them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts