Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I picked up Uncharted 2, liked the first few hours, and figured I'd stop and play Uncharted 1 first. I finally got around to it, and, well, the game kind of sucks.

Decent graphics, great voice acting and the plot is cool (Indiana Jones shit is always win) but the actual gameplay is not exactly fun. :\

Does it get better? I just crashed the plane with the chick, and got my map piece back from the plane-half in the tree, so I'm about ~3 hours in.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Personally I didn't care for it. But then again this is coming from someone who's been playing the Tomb Raider franchise since the beginning.

Uncharted 2 is better. But I don't know. I just don't get what all the hype about it is. There's really nothing there that hasn't been done before. It's just the cinematic aspect of it all has been raised up to a higher level.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I don't know, each to their own I guess, but most people I know dug the shit out of it.

I've played both and they are two of the few games I've played from start to finish. Granted they are both short but I'd have to say I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. :shrug:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
No, I just remember it being really mediocre. Like I'd play it, then if I had NOTHING and I mean nothing to do, I'd play it, but even then I think I got like 3/7ths into the game then was like like fuck this :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
The second game is one of my favourite games and the only complaint I had is that it's too short. But I completely agree with the hype this game has received. As for the first game, no it wasn't as good, probably mediocre at best. But the second game, awesome! :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished the first one, with a little help of boredom + JJ being here last night and us cranking through about 2-3 hours of it. :lol:

Not a bad game considering how old it is. I was playing it on easy, because I just want to get through the first two and work on the third, and man - it's really not that easy at times. :lol: The combat definitely needed some work, and for ez-mode, you sure can shoot the fucking crap out of enemies and have them not die.

A little tedious in spots, and the damn Ruins level seems to go on forever, but all in all a pretty damn cool game and well worth the $9 or so that I paid for it used. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
^You'll be in for a pleasant surprise with 2, which is BY FAR the best game in the series and one of the best games ever made. :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part 2 is already much more fun than the first one. I love how great the dialog is in these games, it's so well done, and the easy conversations between the characters really sounds natural and never forced. The little comic bits they put in are great as well.

I'm climbing up the side of a building, and a guard is on the roof walking over to me:

My partner: "There's a guy above you! There's a guy above you!"
Reach up, pull him over the side and off the roof to his doom
My partner: "There's a guy below you! There's a guy below you!"

:lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, this game is MUCH better than the last one. Can't wait to see the improvements in the third one, but so far this one is fun as all hell. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
One of the few series that makes me sad I don't have a PS3. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finished the second one. :yesway:

Fuckin' awesome game. Solid gameplay and a blast from start to finish - definitely worth picking up a PS3 for. There were a few moments where the encounter design didn't really jive with the game mechanics (like the final boss - picture trying to kite something that throws grenades at you while platforming with an assassin's creed type mechanic), but overall 8.5-9/10 on the awesome scale.

The ending had me grinning like hell too. The dialog in this is easily in my top 5 of all time in gaming. MUCH better than the first one.

Gonna dive into #3 over the long weekend. :D

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Just gave a good buddy a copy of U3 for Xmas. I'm hoping one of the family spotted it at the top of my Xmas list as well. :yesway:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
the first is only great if you played it at launch.

because when it came out there was that and MGS4 on the PS3 and nothing else was worth bothering with

oh and the bit in the sub base is definitely the highlight! that part on crushing is EVIL

2 i loved from start to finish.

And 3 just makes everything that was awesome about 2 10x better.

Also the online play on 3 is killer once you get the hang of it. I think i prefer 2's online overall though as the maps are far more fun

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Holy crap, the third one is long as hell!

I took a little break about halfway through it to play SWTOR (and because chain-playing the whole series leaves you a little burned out) and just got to the desert (spoiler-free), uh, on the plane. (The cover shot, basically)

Fucking awesome game is awesome. Great series, kickass main character and cast.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I'm about 80% through Uncharted 3 right now and I have to say that the part on the boat is INSANE. One word: chandelier. :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.