Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was channel surfing last night, and this was on:

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work (2010) - IMDb

I only stopped to check out the crazy plastic surgery she had done, figuring I'd take a peek and then flip away. As it turns out, this is actually pretty awesome. What an incredibly sweet, honest, and holy fucking shit hard working woman Joan Rivers is, made even more amazing by the fact that she's 75.

I never in a million years thought I'd sit through, let alone enjoy watching, a bio on Joan Rivers, but if you get a chance, it's certainly worth a view.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M910 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

In february I'll be working one of her shows. Got to admit that I'm kind of curious about it.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Joan is a regular guest on Howard Stern, and a) is much loved by Howard and the gang, and B) always brings the funny. She's so raw and honest, and a true comedian.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Holy shit, she ripped into that guy in MN :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy shit, she ripped into that guy in MN :lol:
The guy with the deaf kid? Yep. :lol:

See how bad she felt after the show though? The guy was a total cock, and SHE was feeling terrible after she walked off the stage. It's a fuckin' comedy show, go with thick skin or GTFO.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ :agreed: I want to get heckled at a show. I'd feel special. And if the jokes were good, I'd laugh my ass off.
It's not heckling. She goes into a bit about helen keller, and some guy in the (small) audience tees off on her screaming about how "it's not funny if you have a deaf son". Granted, in 99.9% of other social situations I'd agree with him - but it IS a comedy show, and in that setting, nothing is taboo because it's not personal, it's just to make people laugh.

She fucking rapes the guy anyway though, it's pretty awesome. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Absolutely. You can tell she's got a ton of class since she was fairly remorseful about the joke, but that guy would certainly feel better about it if he would lighten the fuck up about it.

If anything, he could have said, "OMG I KNOW!" :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts