Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been staring at guitars and specs and trying to sort out my jazzmaster GAS for the last month. I've also been staring at my collection and wondering if it's time to clear some out and dip my toes into the "you should really only do this once or twice" price range.

A 2017 PRS McCarty 594 10-top came up locally, I offered my Eastman T59V + cash and it was accepted. My 2nd nicest (spec wise) PRS, yet my most expensive :lol:.

I'm thinking I shouldn't buy any more guitars this year...

Anyway, it's in near-mint condition (no dings/scratches, just patina on pickups) and I have always dug this finish. The case is a little less fresh than the guitar, but it's in storage so it's fine. The neck feels great and all the pickup positions sound great too. Gonna pick up another Eastman in future as well, as the T59V was a solid guitar.

Anyway, seller's pics:

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Wood

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Sweet. Love how appealing trading guitars is for folks. You both get something new and both guitars get some new love.

Somewhere, there's a place like in Toy Story where unloved guitars (instead of toys) go... and "My Guitar Gently Weeps" plays constantly over the PA.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I have the day off because the little one was up 3:15ish-4:45ish, so not being up at 5 for work means I am getting a couple of minutes of quiet playing in before she's up.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
:facemelt:

That color and model are perfect, thats a smokin axe Budda.. congrats!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That is a NICE looking top.

Tell me about the 594 series, and how that differs from their regular model. I don't really know PRS guitars well.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts

Tell me about the 594 series, and how that differs from their regular model. I don't really know PRS guitars well.
I've only played a couple in a shop, so take this with a grain of salt, but the scale length is 24.594" and it has an LP bridge and control layout.

IIRC, allegedly the golden era LPs weren't actually 24.75", but were a bit shorter than that.

The two I played (one double cut and one single cut) were unreal - probably both in the top 5 guitars I've ever touched.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I don't know if they stopped producing McCarty's for a bit, but with the McCarty designation it is a bit thicker than a custom series in body and neck profile. As Phil said they use the LP-style bridge versus their usual wraparound (both of which I like a lot). The "594" comes from the scale. I didn't notice much of a difference up around 15-17. This one has a bit of heft, I'd wager 8.5lbs without a scale.

This guitar does not help my McCarty 594 HBII GAS :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I don't know if they stopped producing McCarty's for a bit, but with the McCarty designation it is a bit thicker than a custom series in body and neck profile. As Phil said they use the LP-style bridge versus their usual wraparound (both of which I like a lot). The "594" comes from the scale. I didn't notice much of a difference up around 15-17. This one has a bit of heft, I'd wager 8.5lbs without a scale.

This guitar does not help my McCarty 594 HBII GAS :lol:
The neck shape is also different, called Pattern Vintage, and has an asymmetrical profile.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Damn, congrats!!!

I just played a higher-end PRS a couple weeks ago for the first time in a very long time, REALLY dug it....a lot. You never hear anyone bitching about PRS.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This guitar does not help my McCarty 594 HBII GAS
The neck shape is also different, called Pattern Vintage, and has an asymmetrical profile.
Many thanks. I think the hang tag is in the case, cant remember what this finish is called lol.

I wouldnt have guessed pattern vintage to be assymetrical.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That is nice! Great color and spec.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts