Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a little bit of a long shot, but here it goes. After being sick of not being able to properly see text and HUDs on my PS3 for about as long as I've had the thing, I finally got a new monitor (21.5" ASUS VH222H) and moved the PS3 over to the computer desk. I also picked up a copy of Unreal Tournament 3 since Newegg is selling it for $15. I've apparently really been missing out on how purdiful PS3 games look in HD, but after setting things up for Unreal, I was really sad to find that the mouse tracking is really awful. I messed around with all the mouse settings, but mouse movement is still jumpy, and my aim is about as good as that of a sniper with Parkinson's. Have any of you run into and solved this problem? A Google search taught me that it's not a unique issue, but none of the search results had any solutions.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
what kind of mouse are you using? if its a POS 15$ one you can't rely on it to track properly for a lot of games (sadly) Id do a look around and see if there is a mouse that ps3 users have found to work well.

OH and UT3 rawks. Its about the only FPS i enjoy playing (PC)

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I've got a Logitech G5, which is a pretty decent gaming mouse. :(
yeah it is at that

hmmm I dont know what to tell you (I dont have a ps3...)

What kind of mouse pad are you using? maybe try one of those fragmats (supposed to improve sliding and tracking a bit)

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an X-Ray Thunder 8 gaming pad, and it's great. If that was the problem, though, I'd have noticed this on my PC already.

·
badman
378 Posts
Not sure in regards to your problem (you can use a mouse with a ps3...?), but I have the VH226H monitor which is pretty much the same IIRC and they're f-ing awesome for PS3! good buy :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts