Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a couple sticks of 512MB PC133 RAM memory for an IBM Thinkpad R31. Yeah, it's old but I just want to bump up the RAM so it's a little more usable. I only use it for the interwebs and crap like that. Nothing fancy.

I figured I'd check here first since it's kind of spendy new. I found 512s on ebay for about $30 but maybe some of you computer types might have some lying around that you don't value much. :D

:yesway:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
...you know, I might. Stand by.

I do, but they're only 128s. sorry.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I have two sticks of SDR RAM that I just pulled from my dead PC. One is a 512mb, the other is something like 1.5g, since I had 2g's of RAM before she died :lol:

Will those fit?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I can check when I get home.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. :yesway:
I have two sticks of SDR RAM that I just pulled from my dead PC. One is a 512mb, the other is something like 1.5g, since I had 2g's of RAM before she died :lol:

Will those fit?
Nope. But I wonder if they'll work in my PC? :idea:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
They didn't fit in my sister's ancient Gateway (which takes DDR). Also, I'm not 100% that they're not the cause of my computer's demise :lol:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I think I have a set of 512 sticks at my house, I'll check and let ya know can't remember if I gave them away yet.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I have a PC4000 2gb stick, I don't know if that'll work in your system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts