Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
:yum:

Have you ever thought about putting a middle single-coil in there, James? I believe that Bare Knuckle is tooled up to produce them, now. A Trilogy-Suite might be nice.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts

Have you ever thought about putting a middle single-coil in there, James? I believe that Bare Knuckle is tooled up to produce them, now. A Trilogy-Suite might be nice.
I was thinking that. You could even keep the stock switch and add a mini toggle where the tone control was to select humbuckers/singlecoil/both...

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Only if they can make one with a distressed cover to match. Then again I'm not really much of a middle single coil person, plus I kinda like the way it looks now.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a shipwreck, in the best way possible :yesway:
Thanks. The pickups are quite literally rammed in place, Patrick Sims' routes are definitely NOT designed for covered BKP's.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Only thing I dont like about it: wish it was slightly a bit more green. Other than that, helluva badass guitar! I have a feeling if I had more bones to throw, I'd end up with something very simliar if not the same setup. Really. I'd also remove the middle pup as well as the tone knob. Awesome man! :yesway:

Does it have a tremol-no?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only thing I dont like about it: wish it was slightly a bit more green. Other than that, helluva badass guitar! I have a feeling if I had more bones to throw, I'd end up with something very simliar if not the same setup. Really. I'd also remove the middle pup as well as the tone knob. Awesome man! :yesway:

Does it have a tremol-no?
It's actually slightly darker and more green than the pics show. I've got a killswitch ready to fit where the tone pot was, just need to get round to it. I want a Tremol-no as well, just need to get one.

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
How much "ramming" did you have to do to get the pups in? I have some covered bkps coming in for my sims body...Should i be worried?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much "ramming" did you have to do to get the pups in? I have some covered bkps coming in for my sims body...Should i be worried?
Is you body from Sims UK or Sims US? This one is from Sims US, and is a fuck up. Literally, it's B Stock even by his standards. The rear routing is off and the control cavity is only just inside the body edge. Sims UK should be fine, they do good work. Shame Patrick in the US is giving the Sims name a bad rep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts