Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:

Just changed the bridge to an Original Floyd Rose (thanks Elysian! :yesway:) and change the pickups with a Dimarzio DS-7 in the bridge (thanks Josh! :yesway:) and a PAF pro in the neck (thanks unknown dude on ebay! :yesway:). Did a little cosmetic change along the way... Lovin' my baby more than evar!

For those who wonder if an OFR is a direct swap from the Agile licensed Floyd the answer is yes. And yes, of course, it destroys the licensed one.

Pics!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That doesn't look at all like aDS-7 and DiMarzio doesn't make seven string PAF Pros. :scratch:

It looks sweet though and OFRs are nice. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
There is a white Bobbin Topper over the bar end of the D-Sonic 7. And it's likely that the neck is a PAF.

Looks great! Although, I kinda liked all white pickups a little better, it still looks fantastic... and glad to see she's completely up and running. How does she play/sound?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Those are the same knobs I got for my RG7620 :wub:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
That doesn't look at all like aDS-7 and DiMarzio doesn't make seven string PAF Pros. :scratch:

It looks sweet though and OFRs are nice. :D
Not to be a smarty-pantz pantz, but there were PAF Pro 7's available from the customshop only, and only to endorsers. They are way more mid-rangey and agressive than PAF7's.

Three were in RJ's LACS (The reverse headstock one), but honestly they were very MEH. I left the neck one in, cause its great in that position. It has the correct Paf Pro Hex poles as well.

Oh, and AGILE!!!!

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^

Where do you see a green shirt? :lol:

That doesn't look at all like aDS-7 and DiMarzio doesn't make seven string PAF Pros. :scratch: It looks sweet though and OFRs are nice. :D
Like Josh said, it has a boppin topper on the "bar". Gotcha. :D
... And you're right, my mistake : it's a PAF, not a PAF pro.

:lol:

Empty.
Josh knows. :agreed:

I HATE the sound of middle single coil... And anyway, it's not even routed. :lol:

@ Josh : it plays great, though i'm still (as always) trying to find the right set-up with the amp. I love the DS-7 for rhythm so far, not sure about it for leads. OFR feels 100x better than the Agile "chrome" one, but that's a given.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
Looks great but why did you get a route for middle single coil if you're not gonna use it?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Were you wearing a green shirt or green camera?
Yes, I did wear a green t-shirt... Man, you have THE eye. :lol:

Looks great but why did you get a route for middle single coil if you're not gonna use it?
Because like you said, it looks great. :D

(always loved the look, but not the sound, so it's purely a cosmetic thing... But I could change my mind someday, who knows? Beside, it was a mistake by Rondo that it was not routed for wiring... Got a few dollars off the final price).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts