Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I wouldn't say i'm a UFO believer, but I do find all that shit fascinating as hell and it can suck me right in for hours :picard:

Did any of you happen to catch Dan Aykroyd on Joe Rogan recently? I love DA but there is not a conspiracy he does not believe haha

DA believes in UFO's, UFO abduction, Bigfoot, and the Chupacabra .....sheesh. Oh and Mothman :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I jumped ahead in the video in the OP and suddenly there was Tucker Carlson. Tells me all I need to know about the quality of the video.

:shitpile:
I actually watched it. It's a fair assessment of why scientists find things like this interesting, but find statements like the dude saying "this was something not of this world" ridiculous.

I find things like this and "ghost" videos entertaining merely because of the inherent confirmation bias they show. Especially in light of the fact that we now know that a bunch of the "UFO" sightings in the '50s were U2s, SR71s and other stealth prototypes in the '60s-'80s, and who knows how much drone testing was labeled this way?

I suspect the Air Force either knows or has a really good idea of what's in this video, and the answer is very terrestrial.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that's why I picked that video out of a fair number of available ones, because it wasn't screaming "PROOF!!!!" but was more considered.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I actually watched it. It's a fair assessment of why scientists find things like this interesting, but find statements like the dude saying "this was something not of this world" ridiculous.

I find things like this and "ghost" videos entertaining merely because of the inherent confirmation bias they show. Especially in light of the fact that we now know that a bunch of the "UFO" sightings in the '50s were U2s, SR71s and other stealth prototypes in the '60s-'80s, and who knows how much drone testing was labeled this way?

I suspect the Air Force either knows or has a really good idea of what's in this video, and the answer is very terrestrial.
I love myself a healthy dose of Occam's Razor, so I also find it kind of entertaining when somebody sees a grainy object on a video screen and the conclusion is "yep, that's definitely intelligent life from the other side of the universe, millions of light-years away".

I love the unexplained because it's always ripe for new discovery. Just because it's not an alien doesn't mean it's something we're familiar with or doesn't mean it's not something amazing, either, you know? Might even be just as entertaining if there's no answer and there's never an answer.

The one annoying thing to me that, IMO, feeds anti-science folks is the bit in there with the guy parroting the scientific method. I mean, he's entirely right but the concept that you have to have entirely controlled environments and repeatable circumstances/results to answer or even guess what something is is exactly the kinda thing that pseudo-science and fantasy breed from. I would've liked to hear the scientist's take on what he thought it was.

I'd say I'm leaning toward an experimental craft, most likely something unmanned. On the more boring end of things, I'd say could be a weird equipment fluke.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Yeah, saw a few stories about this going around.

The more sensational miss a pretty important distinction - in pop culture a UFO is an alien spaceship, but in the military, it is literally something flying around they couldn't identify. As Randy said, that's a FAR cry from confirming aliens are real.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I love myself a healthy dose of Occam's Razor, so I also find it kind of entertaining when somebody sees a grainy object on a video screen and the conclusion is "yep, that's definitely intelligent life from the other side of the universe, millions of light-years away".

I love the unexplained because it's always ripe for new discovery. Just because it's not an alien doesn't mean it's something we're familiar with or doesn't mean it's not something amazing, either, you know? Might even be just as entertaining if there's no answer and there's never an answer.
:agreed:

I don't understand why aliens is the first thing people go to, when mankind has designed and created some pretty amazing stuff. As Mike said earlier, our own Air Force developed spy planes that appeared like alien spacecraft next to other aircraft of the time. Hell, the SR-71 still looks weird and futuristic, and modern stealth planes don't look like planes at all.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
:agreed:

I don't understand why aliens is the first thing people go to, when mankind has designed and created some pretty amazing stuff. As Mike said earlier, our own Air Force developed spy planes that appeared like alien spacecraft next to other aircraft of the time. Hell, the SR-71 still looks weird and futuristic, and modern stealth planes don't look like planes at all.
LOL at thinking "our Air Force", and "our government" are mankind.

Those planes were designed by reptilians.

I don't know if they were alien reptilians or "center of the earth" reptilians, but technically you have no proof those planes were designed by mankind.

It makes perfect sense. Why would mankind know how to design things that fly? Mankind doesn't fly naturally.

But you know who does fly naturally? Reptiles.

It's a shame Alex Jones had to be banned from every media platform and wasn't able to enjoy this historic moment with us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.