Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Why not just make one yourself? Since i'v been making my own stuff, i have very little interest in buying anything, and if i do i just make my own

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Why not just make one yourself? Since i'v been making my own stuff, i have very little interest in buying anything, and if i do i just make my own
Templates, etc. Plus that's barely more than the cost of materials.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Actually, i do have my own design that's inspired by the Jaguar/Jazzmaster, but there's still something so cool about the original mashed together with a Tele.
:agreed:

I'd build it like an Esquire myself. Not sure if I'd do a Tele-style pickguard on the upper horn or a Jazzmaster-style pickguard on the upper horn.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Have Chris buy one for ya and you can do some chores for chris to repay him I'm sure. :idea:

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
Josh nailed it. I couldn't build one for less than $99, unless i owned my own CNC.

:idea:
I sure as hell could. Swamp ash is cheap, other than the actual labor involved(which, if it's for you should never be a concern), building one would be half that...

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure as hell could. Swamp ash is cheap, other than the actual labor involved(which, if it's for you should never be a concern), building one would be half that...
Swamp ash isn't as cheap here... i'd be looking at probably $85 for a body blank, maybe less if i bought a whole billet and milled it myself. But templates for the body, routing and pickguard would be about $99 on their own. I could probably paper template it for a one-off, but still...

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts
Swamp ash isn't as cheap here... i'd be looking at probably $85 for a body blank, maybe less if i bought a whole billet and milled it myself. But templates for the body, routing and pickguard would be about $99 on their own. I could probably paper template it for a one-off, but still...
Make your own templates, why you afraid of some hand work? :smoking: I buy full boards of swamp ash and cut off body blanks myself...

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Just do a Google image search for "Telemaster guitar" and all kinds of beauties pop up!

Also check out Guitar Mill. That's where a lot of guys on TDPRI (the Telecaster forum) are getting their Telemaster bodies and necks. Lots of options, including binding!
I am really gassing over this and (still) the Tele-V.... Guitar Mill is a bit more pricey than those USACG bodies though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts